Tax Information (T2202)


(Spring, Summer, Fall terms)

Includes payments up to
12 February 2010
Duplicates - self-serve at the Student Information System  Nil
If payments were made after 12 February 2010 Email to request an amendment be generated for downloading
Duplicates - self-serve at the Student Information System. If you no longer have access to the system, please visit the Registrar and Information Services counter at any of our three campuses and we will print a duplicate for you, or email your request to


T2202 tax receipts which reports tuition paid for credit courses in 2020 are now available at goSFU.


Social Insurance Number

Canada Revenue Agency regulations have changed and you are now required to have a Social Insurance Number and to provide that number in your Student Record on goSFU.

What is a T2202?

T2202, the Tuition and Enrolment Certificate, is the tuition tax receipt issued to all students who paid tuition for courses in the previous calendar year. It shows the amount of tuition that you paid.

The tax form for the current tax year will be available for printing at goSFU in late February of the next year.

How do I file my taxes?

For information on filing your income tax return, please go to Revenue Canada's P105 Students help page.

How do I get my T2202?

Active students

  • To print your T2202, sign in at goSFU . Tax data for the previous seven years are available.
  • Note: SFU staff are not able to access or print your tax slips if you are an active student. (Active student: it's less than a year since you last enrolled in a course.)
  • If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents or accountants you must print them from that page.
  • Forgot your password?  Call 778-782-3234 (Option 2 or Front Desk) or email

Past students (SFU Computing ID no longer active but not an alumnus)

  • If you are no longer listed as an active student and did not complete a degree, you may request your T2202(s) be mailed to you. Include in your request your full name, SFU student ID number, the years for which you require your T2202(s), and a mailing address. Email your request to Please allow a seven (7) business day turnaround for requests received via email.
  • If you are no longer an active student and you require your T2202s immediately, please visit any Registrar and Information Services counter (RIS locations and hours) to ask staff to print your tax slip(s) while you wait.
  • Computing IDs expire one year after you last enrolled in a course.


  • To print your T2202, log in at goSFU. Tax data for the previous seven years are available.
    For the purpose of printing tax forms, SFU alumni computing IDs do not expire.
  • Alumni who have forgotten their password can ask for it to be reset: email

Printing your online T2202

  • Log in to goSFU with your SFU ID and password
  • Click "T2202 Data"
  • Click the tax year of interest in the search result section.
  • From the T2202 Data page, click "Printer-friendly T2202".
  • A printer-friendly T2202 should appear in a separate window (with the Canadian flag and "Canada Revenue Agency" at the top left corner). If this window does not appear, please go to your web browser preferences to allow pop-ups (you can allow them temporarily or just for specific sites).

Having trouble getting your T2202?

Possible fixes to try first:

  • If you've logged in and viewed your form but can't print, the computer you're using may be behind a firewall for security, so try a different computer in a different location.
  • Check that you have Javascript enabled in your browser's properties/preferences, at least while you're getting your form.
  • If you can log in but can't see the T2202 information, quit your browser, reopen it and clear your cache, then try logging in to goSFU again.

If you receive an error message, please email a screenshot of the message to

If none of those solutions has worked, contact us at

Will SFU send me the T2202 by email?

No. Log in to goSFU to print your T2202.

Can SFU give the T2202 information to my parents/accountant/income tax preparer?

We will only disclose a student's tax information to another individual provided that we receive written/faxed authorization from the student authorizing the release of their tax information to that individual. Under no circumstances will any information about the student be released to another individual without first receiving this authorization.

Am I still considered a full time student during a Co-op work term?

According to the CRA a student enrolled in a co-op term (and taking no classes) is considered neither a full time nor part time student. CRA regulations require SFU to report "0" months on the T2202 tax form when a student is enrolled only in co-op during a term.

I am a student with disabilities enrolled part-time. Where do I get more information on making a full-time claim?

According to Canada Revenue Agency a student is also considered a full-time student if they were enrolled in a qualifying education program, attended only part-time, and are eligible for the disability tax credit for the year.

I paid a deposit fee but will not be attending SFU until next year. Do I get a T2202?

No. Deposits are not eligible expenses for T2202 purposes unless you have actually attended classes. If you paid an admission deposit and then declined your offer of admission, you will not receive a T2202.

I am an international student. Why do I need a T2202?

SFU is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns.

As a resident of Canada you are required to file a Canadian income tax return. The T2202 is a tax receipt for the tuition you have paid that can be used as a deduction against income you may have earned while in Canada. Your employer issues a T4 for salaries or wages you have earned while in Canada. The University issues a T4A for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards you received during the calendar year.

If you have not received any income in Canada during the calendar year, you may be able to use the T2202 against income you or your parents received in your home country. Contact an income tax professional or International Services for Students for more information.

I am a US student: what is SFU's IRS number?

SFU's IRS number is 30-0505256.

Where can I get more information on the T2202?

If I made a payment after December 31, how do I get an updated version of the T2202?



(Spring, Summer, Fall terms)

Includes payments up to 19 February 2021 Duplicates - log in to goSFU
If payments were made after 19 February 2021
Email to request an amendment be generated for downloading

In compliance with Canada Revenue Agency legislation, tax records are not needed or available after seven (7) years.

Is my SIN number required on the T2202?

Starting with the tax reporting year 2019, all students' Social Insurance Number (SIN) will need to be included on their Form T2202. Your SIN may be updated at goSFU. (Visit the Government of Canada's Apply for a SIN site if you need to apply for a SIN.) 

To whom at SFU can I direct T2202 inquiries?

Please call the helpline at 778.782.6930 or email If you email us, be sure to include your name, student number, current mailing address, and the year you require.