- Sari van Anders, former student of SFU Psychology Professor Neil Watson, named new Canada 150 Research Chair at Queens
- Lara Aknin, Dylan Wiwad and Katherine Hanniball - Article in Psychology Today
- Two SFU Psychology graduates - Kim van der Woerd (Principal) and Billie Joe Rogers (Director) awarded for their work with Reciprocal Consulting
- Psychology postdoc Myriam Juda studying the effect of lighting on mental health
- Tara Smith - Interview in Leaders That Inspire - SFU Human Resources
- Yuthika Girme awarded 2018 Barry Beyerstein Award for Excellence in Teaching
Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology offers programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. At the undergraduate studies level, we offer B.A and B.A. Honours in Psychology, as well as joint major, minor and extended minor for students pursuing a degree in another discipline. At the graduate studies level, we offer both M.A. and Ph.D. degree programs in our six core areas of Psychology. We also offer a professional Ph.D. training program in Clinical Psychology.
The Department of Psychology acknowledges the Squamish, Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh, Katzie, and Kwikwetlem peoples, on whose traditional territories Simon Fraser’s three campuses stand.