- Contact Us
- Administration & Staff
- Current Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty & Other Members
- Retired Faculty & Staff
- In Memoriam
- Areas of Study
- Self-Care Tips
- IRC Events
- iskotew & crow: (re)igniting narratives of Indigenous survivance & trauma wisdom in psychology
- The Culturally Responsive Framework, Developing strength-based trauma-informed practices & Indigenous wellbeing
- A Year in Public Health: The Collision of Three Public Health Emergencies
- Other Ongoing Events
- What is Reconciliation?
- Territorial Acknowledgment
- Student Profiles
- IRC Committee Members
- IRC Events
- Academic Advising
- Course Information
- Academic Honesty
- Psychology Student Union
- Graduate Chair's Welcome
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Psychology Graduate Program
- Current Students
- Upcoming Thesis Defences
- News & Events
- Psychological Methods Consulting
- Personality and Emotion Research Lab
- Measurement and Modelling Lab
- Children's Memory Research Group
- Douglas Research Lab
- Mental Health, Law and Policy Institute
- Dr. Aknin's Helping and Happiness Lab
Studies in Methodology and Philosophy of Psychological Science Lab
- Lab Members
- Join Our Lab
- Contact Us
- Cognitive Aging Lab
- Weight and Eating Lab
- Human Neuropsychology Lab
- Spalek Laboratory of Attention Memory and Perception
- Translational Neuroscience Lab
- Vision Lab
Autism & Developmental Disabilities Lab
- ADDL in the Media
- April 16, 2021 - Presentation - Dr. Iarocci and Vanessa Fong
- ADDL - New Name & Website
- New Webinar and Event Recordings Available
- ADDL Welcomes New Students
- Congrats to Former ADDL Volunteers and Future SLPs
- Anxiety Management during COVID-19
- Camp for People with Intellectual Disabilities
- Congratulations to Former ADDL Volunteers and Future SLPs
- ADDL Students Present at INSAR 2022
- Inclusive Theatre & Filmmaking Camp
- Join the Lab
- Mailing List
- Clinical Psychology Centre
- login (for Dept. Members)
Prospective clients can self-refer to the CPC by calling our intake line. If no intake worker is available when you call, please leave a voicemail message with your name, phone number, and the type of service you are requesting and we will call you back. Please indicate in your message when is a good time to call and whether a message can be left at your number.
CPC Intake Line
What does the intake process involve?
When the clinic has openings for services, we first schedule an intake screen that is completed over the phone that usually takes between 45 - 60 minutes. The phone interview allows us to get an initial understanding of how we might be helpful. The information then goes to the directors of the clinic who review this information to determine if we can offer services. Individuals may then be asked to come in for a few sessions to further determine if we can be helpful, and if they are comfortable here as well. If we don’t think we can provide the appropriate services, we will suggest other resources in the community.
If we don't have openings at the time of your call, intake clinicians can provide information about alternate resources. Please note that we do not maintain a waiting list and we do not accept walk-ins for intake screens or appointments.
Do I need a referral?
For most services, we do not require a physician's referral. The exception is neuropsychological assessments, where we require a written referral from the family doctor or other medical practitioner. A copy of the neuropsychological assessment report is usually provided to the referring physician (with the client's consent).
Click the links below to learn more about our services. Still have questions after reading the FAQs? Please call our intake line and one of our intake workers will follow up with you.
Note to physicians' offices:
Please DO NOT fax patient file documents to the clinic if it has not been requested by the CPC. Patients should call us directly to inquire about available services.
Clinical Psychology Centre | Simon Fraser University
Saywell Hall (SWH) 9044 | 8888 University Drive | Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
Intake Line: 778-782-4720 | Fax: 778-782-5859