- Contact Us
- Administration & Staff
- Current Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty & Other Members
- Retired Faculty & Staff
- In Memoriam
- Indigenous Reconciliation
- IRC Events
- Upcoming Nov 24th - Kyle Mays IRC Event - Blackness, Indigeneity, and Kinship as Solidarity
- Mark Champley IRC Event - One person's reconciliation journey in Australia
- Adam Murry IRC Event - Going where the need is: Psychological research in the context of reconciliation
- Amy Bombay IRC Event - Intergenerational trauma and the protective effects of culture...
- Karlee Fellner IRC Event -iskotew & crow: (re)igniting narratives of Indigenous survivance & trauma wisdom in psychology
- JoLee Sasakamoose IRC Event -The Culturally Responsive Framework, Developing strength-based trauma-informed practices & Indigenous wellbeing
- Cornelia Wieman IRC Event - A Year in Public Health: The Collision of Three Public Health Emergencies
- Other Ongoing Events
- What is Reconciliation?
- Territorial Acknowledgment
- Student Profiles
- IRC Committee Members
- IRC Events
- Areas of Study
- Academic Advising
- Course Information
- Academic Honesty
- Psychology Student Union
- SFU Undergraduate Journal of Psychology (UJP)
- Graduate Chair's Welcome
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Psychology Graduate Program
- Current Students
- Upcoming Thesis Defences
- Psychology Grad Caucus
- New Students
- People to Know
- Teaching Assistantships
- Events & Workshops
- Resources & Links
- News & Events
- Examining Relationships Up Close: An In-depth Look at Couples' Everyday Stress Hormones and Health Habits
- Culturally Responsive Forensic Mental Health Assessment: A Practical Approach
- PSYC Honours Info Session
- PSYC Grad School 101
- PSYC Career Events
- Research Lab Fair
- Past events
- Department Newsletter
- All Families Lab
- Autism & Developmental Disabilities Lab
- Join the Lab
- Mailing List
- Children's Memory Research Group
- Close Relationships Lab
- Cognitive Aging Lab
- CORTECH Lab
- Culture and Development Lab
- Douglas Research Lab
- Dr. Aknin's Helping and Happiness Lab
- Family Dynamics Project
- Grow to Care Lab
- Human Neuropsychology Lab
- Measurement and Modelling Lab
- Mental Health, Law and Policy Institute
- Personality and Emotion Research Lab
- Psychological Methods Consulting
- Singlehood Experiences and Complexities Underlying Relationships (SECURE) Lab
- Spalek Laboratory of Attention Memory and Perception
- Studies in Methodology and Philosophy of Psychological Science Lab
- Lab Members
- Join Our Lab
- Contact Us
- Translational Neuroscience Lab
- Vision Lab
- Weight and Eating Lab
- Clinical Psychology Centre
- login (for Dept. Members)
2019 Conference Presentations
Shanna Li presented her poster, "Mental health needs and the Massachusetts Youth Screening Instrument-Version 2 (MAYSI-2) on adolescent offending" at the International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services Conference in Montreal, Quebec on June 26, 2019
Brittany Dennett presented her poster, "The impact of relationship norms on single peoples' wellbeing and relationship desires" at the International Association for Relationship Research's Positive Action in Relationships Mini-Conference in Ottawa, ON on June 22nd, 2019.
Jennifer Krentz & Kelsey Alexander presented their poster, "Exploring staff supported community outings in a forensic psychiatric sample" at UBC Psychiatry Day in Vancouver, BC on June 20th, 2019.
Brittany Lasanen presented her poster, "Relational and personal self-expansion as predictors of relationship satisfaction in long-distance couples" at the International Association for Relationship Research's Positive Action in Relationships Mini-Conference in Ottawa, ON on June 20th, 2019.
Troy Boucher presented his poster, "Investigating the relationship between social competence, autism, and restricted interests in children with and without autism spectrum disorder (ASD)" at NOWCAM in Victoria, BC on May 10th, 2019.
Lindsay Alley presented a poster, "MMLWBCORR: Within and between group correlation pattern modeling for varied distributions and missing data - Demonstration using example scenario from the lab regarding CES-D item interpretation, and from other literature" at Western Psychological Association Annual Convention in Pasadena, California, U.S.A. on April 29th, 2019.
Jamie Hystad presented her poster, "Examining Immediate Re-Assessment, Gender and Concussion History Effects on Baseline SCAT-5 Symptom Evaluation Scale Responses " at the Western Psychological Association Annual Convention in Pasadena, California, U.S.A. on April, 29th, 2019.
Adrienne Khaw presented a poster, "Lost in Translation: Bilinguals’ Item-stem Understanding and Responses to Mandarin and English Versions of the CES-D" at the Western Psychological Association Annual Convention in Pasadena, California, U.S.A. on April, 29th, 2019.
Travis McLellan presented a poster, ""Get Going" and "Effort": Improving the Wording of CES-D Items Commonly Misinterpreted by University Students?" at Western Psychological Association Annual Convention in Pasadena, California, U.S.A. on April, 29th, 2019.
Florencia Cristoffanini & Hanna Ogawa presented their poster, "Just-world beliefs moderate the association between identification with nature and pro-environmental behaviours," at the Sustainability Psychology Preconference and at the Society for Personality and Social Psychology Convention in Portland, Oregon on February 7th and 9th, 2019.
Jessamyn Hung presented their poster, "Perceived prosocial impact and happiness in children with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder" at the Happiness Preconference for the Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in Portland, Oregon on Feburary 7th, 2019.
Marisa Mylett presented her poster, "It's not all benefits: The effects of extended contact on normative and radical collective action among disadvantaged group members" at the Society for Personality and Social Psychology Conference in Portland, Oregon, on February 7th, 2019.
Emily Thornton presented her poster, "Does implicit prosociality predict happiness?" at the Happiness Preconference for the Annual Meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology in Portland, Oregon on Feburary 7th, 2019.