- Contact Us
- Administration & Staff
- Current Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty & Other Members
- Retired Faculty & Staff
- In Memoriam
- Indigenous Reconciliation
- IRC Events
- Upcoming Nov 24th - Kyle Mays IRC Event - Blackness, Indigeneity, and Kinship as Solidarity
- Mark Champley IRC Event - One person's reconciliation journey in Australia
- Adam Murry IRC Event - Going where the need is: Psychological research in the context of reconciliation
- Amy Bombay IRC Event - Intergenerational trauma and the protective effects of culture...
- Karlee Fellner IRC Event -iskotew & crow: (re)igniting narratives of Indigenous survivance & trauma wisdom in psychology
- JoLee Sasakamoose IRC Event -The Culturally Responsive Framework, Developing strength-based trauma-informed practices & Indigenous wellbeing
- Cornelia Wieman IRC Event - A Year in Public Health: The Collision of Three Public Health Emergencies
- Other Ongoing Events
- What is Reconciliation?
- Territorial Acknowledgment
- Student Profiles
- IRC Committee Members
- IRC Events
- Areas of Study
- Academic Advising
- Course Information
- Academic Honesty
- Psychology Student Union
- SFU Undergraduate Journal of Psychology (UJP)
- Graduate Chair's Welcome
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Psychology Graduate Program
- Current Students
- Upcoming Thesis Defences
- Psychology Grad Caucus
- New Students
- People to Know
- Teaching Assistantships
- Events & Workshops
- Resources & Links
- News & Events
- Examining Relationships Up Close: An In-depth Look at Couples' Everyday Stress Hormones and Health Habits
- Culturally Responsive Forensic Mental Health Assessment: A Practical Approach
- PSYC Honours Info Session
- PSYC Grad School 101
- PSYC Career Events
- Research Lab Fair
- Past events
- Department Newsletter
- All Families Lab
- Autism & Developmental Disabilities Lab
- Join the Lab
- Mailing List
- Children's Memory Research Group
- Close Relationships Lab
- Cognitive Aging Lab
- CORTECH Lab
- Culture and Development Lab
- Douglas Research Lab
- Dr. Aknin's Helping and Happiness Lab
- Family Dynamics Project
- Grow to Care Lab
- Human Neuropsychology Lab
- Measurement and Modelling Lab
- Mental Health, Law and Policy Institute
- Personality and Emotion Research Lab
- Psychological Methods Consulting
- Singlehood Experiences and Complexities Underlying Relationships (SECURE) Lab
- Spalek Laboratory of Attention Memory and Perception
- Studies in Methodology and Philosophy of Psychological Science Lab
- Lab Members
- Join Our Lab
- Contact Us
- Translational Neuroscience Lab
- Vision Lab
- Weight and Eating Lab
- Clinical Psychology Centre
- login (for Dept. Members)
2018 Research Conference Presentations
Maitland Waddell presented his poster, "Absolute thinking and ingroup projection as pathways toward the endorsement of destructive intergroup behaviour," at the International Society for Political Psychology in San Antonio on July 5th, 2018.
Brittany Dennett presented her poster, "Singlehood and societal norms," at CPA in Montreal on June 27, 2018.
Brittany Lasanen presented her poster, "Self-expansion as a predictor of mental well-being in long-distance couples," at CPA in Montreal on June 27, 2018.
Linda Magyari's poster, "Violated expectations and support discussion satisfaction," was featured at CPA in Montreal on June 27, 2018.
Madison Edge presented her poster, "A Study of the association of psychopathic traits, suicidality, and self harm," in Antwerp, Belgium at the International Association of Forensic Mental Health Services Annual Conference on June 14, 2018.
Julia Hindy, Edna Ng, Karina Thiessen, & Shaira Thobani presented their poster, "Themes in Couples’ Sexual Conflict Discussions," at the Connecting Minds Undergraduate Conference in Richmond on May 18, 2018.
Linda Magyari presented her poster, "Violated expectations matter beyond support behaviour in predicting newlyweds' support discussion satisfaction," at the Connecting Minds undergraduate conference in Richmond on May 18, 2018.
Jack (Xiang) Zhou presented his poster, "Performance and variability measures in driving research,", at NOWCAM on May 13, 2018.
Susanna Piasecki presented her poster, "Electrophysiology of emotional reactivity and response inhibition in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder," at KPU's NOWCAM conference on May 12, 2018. She also orally presented this research at SFU's Student Symposium on April 6, 2018.
Jennifer Krentz presented her poster, "Change detection of object colours, shapes, and fill patterns," at NOWCAM on May 11, 2018.
Zhi Yuh Ou Yang, Adrienne Khaw, Tova Dang2, Rachel T. Fouladi1, Miao Tang2, Hannah Fikkert2, Julia Hindy2, Jamie Hystad2, Michael McCahon2, presented their poster, "Use of verbal and numeric response option labels on English and Mandarin forms of a depressive symptoms questionnaire," at the Western Psychological Association in Portland on April 28th, 2018.
Susanna Piasecki orally presented her research, "The NAP effect: dissociating priming effects for positive and negative words," at UVIC's Making Waves conference on April 5, 2018. This research was published in the SFU 2017 Undergraduate Journal of Psychology and was presented at NOWCAM on May 13, 2017.