- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
- People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies in Graduate Studies
Internal and Donor Funded awards are funded through the University’s Scholarship, Bursary and Award funds, Departmental, School, Academic Unit and/or Faculty funds or through the generosity of our donors. These awards are applied for and adjudicated through SFU.
Students must meet the following basic eligibility to hold an Internal or Donor Funded Award:
- Be registered full time in a research based graduate program at SFU while holding the award (note that you can apply for awards at any time, even if not registered)
- Have a minimum 3.50 CGPA in your current graduate program OR 3.50 CGPA in last two years, if you are not yet in your intended graduate program
- Meet any additional eligibility or criteria specific to the award
Although most of the awards listed below are available in cycles throughout the year, there can be additional awards available on the Graduate Award, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) at various times. We recommend checking GA3 at least once per month for funding opportunities.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure everything is submitted by the deadline date; late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Most Donor Funded awards are open in GA3 in May (for fall payment)
- Most other awards are open throughout the year. Please check with your Department for competition timelines.
For 'Nomination-Only' awards speak to your academic unit if you would like to be considered. Students cannot apply directly for these awards.
Learn more about some of our caring donors who have supported graduate student through their generous acts of giving.
Internal + Donor Funded Awards
Deadlines: Various dates
The following list contains all the Internal and Donor funded awards available. Select your academic unit to read more about the awards, including the full eligibility and requirements from the list below: