- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
- People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies in Graduate Studies
What's happening at Graduate + Postdoctoral Studies?
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition challenges graduate students to present their thesis and its significance in just three minutes and one slide.
The Your Career Compass workshop series helps graduate students and postdocs navigate their career options inside or outside of academia.
The President's Dream Colloquium brings leading thinkers to SFU and provides an annual forum for intensive interdisciplinary exchange amongst faculty and students.
Upcoming Events Hosted by GPS
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition challenges graduate students to present their thesis and its significance in just 3 minutes and 1 slide. Sign up to join the SFU Wildcard Heat on March 22.
GPS Event Photos
You can view and download photos taken by Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies staff at various events.
More Events for Grad Students + Postdocs
- Participedia - CERi Radical Democracy Summer School | Virtual meeting dates May 18 and 25; Course runs June 4 - 10 | Apply by May 15
- Tax Information for International Students | Online session with Q&A | March 28, 10am-12pm
- Storytelling with purpose for impact | Research Impact Canada | March 30, 12-1pm ET | Location: Zoom
- Extended Application Deadline: Instructional Skills Workshop | Centre for Educational Excellence | Workshops take place on Burnaby campus throughout April | Apply by Apr 3
- GMCA: Shaping Sustainable Societies | Virtual case competition open to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows | Takes place Apr. 11-21; Apply by Apr. 4
- Careers in Non-Academic Research | SFU/UBC Grad Student & Postdoc Career Panel | Apr 18, 4:00-5:30 pm | Online | Registration opens on Apr 3
- Careers in Business and Consulting | SFU/UBC Grad Student & Postdoc Career Panel | May 4, 4:00-5:30 pm | Online | Registration opens on Apr 24
- Call For Proposals | Fall 2023 TA Day: The Teaching Orientation Program | Burnaby campus | Submission deadline: May 15
- Indigenous Student Support; Jennifer Reandy is available for counselling support for Indigenous students from Tuesday to Friday.
- Thriving in your role as a TA/TM Online Course: gain resilience skills, identify boundaries in your role as a TA/TM helping students, and overview conditions for well-being in learning environments
- Instructional Skills Workshops (Various dates and deadlines for spring and summer)
- SFU Research Ethics Board runs weekly remote help sessions
- The Mentor Meet Program, available to entrepreneurs in the SFU Community, allows you to connect with mentors at all three SFU Campuses.
- Understanding and Coping with Anxiety and Depression Health & Counselling has a recorded/asynchronous version of their seminar about anxiety and depression. Download and print out the presentation slides and resources.