- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
- People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies in Graduate Studies
Watch a video tour of the goGRAD system (no audio)
The easiest way to learn how to use and navigate goGRAD would be to watch the following video.
About online application process
- If you require technical support with the system, email technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application system will allow you to partially complete the process and return later
If you receive an offer of admission, you will be required to submit an official transcript for each post-secondary institution:
- If you have a degree in progress, do not send your official transcript from that institution until your degree is awarded and appearing on your transcript.
- Applicants who completed their former degrees at SFU are not required to submit an official SFU transcript to GPS.
- Transcripts must be official documents, sealed by the institution of issue, and sent directly to Simon Fraser University. Do not open the envelope — if you open it, it is no longer official.
- Unsealed (open/loose) transcripts will not be accepted as official, even if they are on institutional paper. Transcripts received by email without secure delivery or sent by an applicant will not be accepted as official.
- Each transcript is subject to review prior to acceptance.
Physical transcripts should be sent to:
Maggie Benston Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
Electronic transcripts must be sent via a secure delivery service (such as Parchment) directly from the official institution to: email@example.com
All graduate students at SFU have some form of faculty supervisor, but there are large variations in supervision from program to program. In some programs, a supervisor is assigned to you; in others, you may be responsible for identifying and approaching prospective supervisors.
Most programs provide lists of faculty members/potential supervisors and their research interests on their websites. Contact your program of interest with any supervision-related inquiries.
It is not required by university regulations that a supervisor be in place prior to starting a program.
The following academic units do require that applicants identify one or more supervisors prior to completing their admission application. You should have written confirmation from any faculty members you list on these applications:
- Biology (including the Master of Pest Management program)
- Earth Sciences
- Gerontology (PhD)
- Health Sciences (MSc and PhD)
- Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- Political Science
- Sustainable Energy Engineering
When investigating prospective supervisors, here are some tips to follow:
- Check the faculty members on the program website.
- Email them an inquiry. Include your familiarity with their work, your own research interests, your intention to apply, and whether they might be interested in supervising your research.
- Include information about your background and research experience.