- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
Curate Your Digital Footprint
Did you know that graduate students have received job offers after being featured on our website? Whether it's because we've featured their 3MT presentations or their profile showed up in a google search, being featured on our website offers you the opportunity to position yourself at the forefront of potential employers.
Tips for Submitting a Profile Photo
- Choose either:
- a simple, clean background to stand/sit in front of while taking the photo, or
- a way to capture your engagement with your research/area of study.
- Frame your photo in a landscape orientation. If you’re using a phone to capture your image, turn it sideways so that you’re taking a WIDE shot.
- Position yourself at the centre, or slightly off-centre (right/left) of the frame.
- Capture your head and shoulders (e.g. the top three buttons of a button-down shirt).
- Smiling photos are preferred, but we want the photos to capture your personality. If you prefer to smile, laugh, or be serious, that is your professional choice.
- Try to send us as best quality/high quality photo as possible (we can always crop a larger image for you).
- Be mindful of lighting. Position yourself so that you’re facing the source of light so that you don’t get as many shadows/dark spots hiding your face.