- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies in Graduate Studies
Before you apply for WE
Student must understand the following:
Tuition & Fees
It is still the student’s responsibility to pay tuition and fees by the fee deadline, regardless of whether an extenuating circumstance arises. If a WE is granted, a partial tuition refund may be assessed and the refund will be applied to the student's account.
Student Loan, Scholarship, Bursary or Tuition Waiver
If you have a student loan or received an SFU scholarship, award, bursary, or provincial tuition waiver we strongly recommend that you speak with a Financial Aid and Awards advisor prior to submitting your WE application, as it may impact funding that has been disbursed to you.
WE Applications are not accepted for the following reasons:
WE Request Types
Withdrawal requests may be complete or selective, in-term or retroactive.
Click to read more ↓
All WE applications require a high standard of documentation.
Some examples of required documents include:
- An ICBC or Police Report for motor vehicle accidents or crimes committed resulting in victim services
- The Medical and Compassionate documentation detailed below
Documentation not in English must be translated by a certified translation service.