- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
FASS Connections in Burnaby
Our mission is to provide enriching and supportive connection between new FASS undergraduate students and upper-year FASS students to increase everyone's sense of belonging and well-being, helping students discover opportunities and thrive in this vibrant campus community.
Are you starting university in Fall (September) 2020? The FASS Connections mentorship program connects new FASS undergraduate students with senior FASS undergraduate students through social and academic activities. Participating in a mentorship program, either as a mentor or mentee, provides students with opportunities to get involved outside of the classroom and engage with their peers.
Why join FASS Connections?
Be part of a safe space
The FASS Connect program provides an enriching and safe space for students to make friends, expand their networks, and blossom in their academic careers.
Make new friends
Connect with your peers and form friendships that could last a lifetime. Being well-connected to a network of peers will significantly enrich your SFU experience.
Get involved in the SFU community
Why not take advantage of the resources offered by SFU and get involved with the community? Be guided by a mentor with shared experiences, or be a mentor to new students.
Get paired with a mentor
Sign up today to be paired with an upper year FASS student (peer mentor) in your intended program!
FASS peer mentors support you by:
- Helping you discover the many programs and courses offered in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS)
- Supporting you over your first months at SFU
- Providing you access to resources, workshops, and helpful tips both in-person and online
- Meeting you at Welcome Day and showing you around campus
- Being a friendly face on campus you can rely on
- Inviting you to large FASS events only for first year students: Next Steps, Welcome Day, FASS Camps, FASS Fest, and more