- Faculty & Staff
- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Applied legal studies
- Cognitive science
- French Cohort
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
- Global Asia
- Global Humanities
- Graduate liberal studies
- Indigenous languages
- Indigenous studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Political science
- Public policy
- Social data analytics
- Urban studies
- World languages & literatures
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising and Resources
- Connect with Arts Central
- Plan your Program
- Career Experience
- Student Life
- FASS Forward
- FASS 200 Writing Right: Strategies for effective revision
- FASS 204 Communicating in Conflict and Negotiation
- FASS 205 Finding Voice: Public Speaking for Social Change
- FASS 206 Creating Effective Teams
- FASS 207 Cultural Humility: Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- FASS 208 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning for Students
- FASS 210 Language Network Science
- FASS 211 Data Literacy and the City
- FASS 212 Introduction to Social Work Practice: Change Agency
- FASS 214 Exploring EDI: This Is My Story
- INDG 305 Treaties in Canada
- Graduate Students
- Undergraduate Students
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
- Next steps for new students
FASS Mentorship in Burnaby
Are you starting university in Fall 2023 (September) term or in your first one or two years of study (at SFU)? The FASS mentorship program connects newer students with senior FASS undergraduate students through social and academic activities. Participating in a program, either as a mentor or mentee, provides you an opportunity to get involved outside of the classroom and engage with your peers.
Why become a FASS mentee as a new student?
FASS Mentorship program provides an enriching and safe space for students to make friends, expand their networks, and blossom in their academic careers.
Connect with your peers in your academic programs and form friendships that could last a lifetime. Being well-connected to a network of peers will significantly enrich your SFU experience.
Why not take advantage of the resources offered by SFU and get involved with the community? Be guided by a mentor with shared experiences.
Get paired with a mentor, and become a mentee
Sign up today to be paired with an upper year FASS student (peer mentor) in your intended program!
Get to know our mentors
We have mentors in most departments and programs in FASS and they are thrilled to meet you.