T2202 tax receipts report tuition paid for credit courses are available at goSFU.  

  • If you were also an employee of SFU, please visit myINFO to obtain your T4/T4A tax forms, or contact
  • Continuing Studies students may be able to claim tax credits. See Continuing Studies Tax Information.
  • SFU staff are not able to answer tax-related questions. If you have other questions about tuition and enrolment credit, please contact the Canada Revenue Agency directly.

2023 tax form update

The T2202 tax form will be available for download at 8:30 am PT on February 22, 2024 at goSFU

Social Insurance Number

Canada Revenue Agency regulations have changed and you are now required to have a Social Insurance Number and to provide that number in your Student Record on goSFU.

What is a T2202?

T2202, the Tuition and Enrolment Certificate, is the tuition tax receipt issued to all students who paid tuition for courses in the previous calendar year. It shows the amount of tuition that you paid.

The tax form for the current tax year will be available for printing at goSFU in late February of the next year 

Frequently asked questions

How do I get my T2202?

Active students, Alumni, and all previous students at SFU

  • To print your T2202, sign in at goSFU. Tax data for the previous seven years are available.
  • For the purpose of printing tax forms, SFU computing IDs do not expire.
    • Forgot your password?
      • You can reset your password by using your SFU computing ID (email) and SFU ID ( 9 digit student or employee number).
      • If you still need help resetting your password, call the IT Service Desk at 778 782 8888.
    • Cannot log in to goSFU?
      • Access to goSFU requires MFA (multi-factor authentication) and SFU VPN services. Visit the SFU Information Systems page for details.
      • The message “invalid credentials” would indicate your password may have been reset in 2020. Email SFU IT Services at or call 778-782-8888 for assistance in resetting your password.
  • Note:  SFU staff are not able to access or print your tax slips for you.
  • If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents or accountants you must print them from that page.

Printing your online T2202

  • Log in to goSFU with your SFU ID and password
  • Click "T2202 Data"
  • Click the tax year of interest in the search result section.
  • From the T2202 Data page, click "Printer-friendly T2202".
  • A printer-friendly T2202 should appear in a separate window (with the Canadian flag and "Canada Revenue Agency" at the top left corner). If this window does not appear, please go to your web browser preferences to allow pop-ups (you can allow them temporarily or just for specific sites).

Having trouble getting your T2202?

Possible fixes to try first:

  • If you've logged in and viewed your form but can't print, the computer you're using may be behind a firewall for security, so try a different computer in a different location.
  • Check that you have Javascript enabled in your browser's properties/preferences, at least while you're getting your form.
  • If you can log in but can't see the T2202 information, quit your browser, reopen it and clear your cache, then try logging in to goSFU again.

If you receive an error message, please email a screenshot of the message to

If none of those solutions has worked, contact us at

Will SFU send me the T2202 by email?

No. Log in to goSFU to print your T2202.

Can SFU give the T2202 information to my parents/accountant/income tax preparer?

No, please log into your goSFU to print your T2202 and distribute it accordingly.

Am I still considered a full time student during a Co-op work term?

According to the CRA a student enrolled in a co-op term (and taking no classes) is considered neither a full time nor part time student. CRA regulations require SFU to report "0" months on the T2202 tax form when a student is enrolled only in co-op during a term.

I am a student with disabilities enrolled part-time. Where do I get more information on making a full-time claim?

According to Canada Revenue Agency a student is also considered a full-time student if they were enrolled in a qualifying education program, attended only part-time, and are eligible for the disability tax credit for the year.

I paid a deposit fee but will not be attending SFU until next year. Do I get a T2202?

No. Deposits are not eligible expenses for T2202 purposes unless you have actually attended classes. If you paid an admission deposit and then declined your offer of admission, you will not receive a T2202.

I am an international student. Why do I need a T2202?

SFU is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns.

As a resident of Canada you are required to file a Canadian income tax return. The T2202 is a tax receipt for the tuition you have paid that can be used as a deduction against income you may have earned while in Canada. Your employer issues a T4 for salaries or wages you have earned while in Canada. The University issues a T4A for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards you received during the calendar year.

If you have not received any income in Canada during the calendar year, you may be able to use the T2202 against income you or your parents received in your home country. Contact an income tax professional or International Services for Students for more information.

I am a US student: what is SFU's IRS number?

SFU's IRS number is 30-0505256.

Where can I get more information on the T2202?

If I made a payment after December 31, how do I get an updated version of the T2202?



(Spring, Summer, Fall terms)

If payments were made after February 12, 2024
Email to request an amendment be generated for downloading

In compliance with Canada Revenue Agency legislation, tax records are not needed or available after seven (7) years.

Is my SIN number required on the T2202?

Starting with the tax reporting year 2019, all students' Social Insurance Number (SIN) will need to be included on their Form T2202. Your SIN may be updated at goSFU. (Visit the Government of Canada's Apply for a SIN site if you need to apply for a SIN.) 

To whom at SFU can I direct T2202 inquiries?

Please call the helpline at 778.782.6930 or email If you email us, be sure to include your name, student number, current mailing address, and the year you require.

Why did I receive T4A/T2202 slips issued by SFU?

T4A slips are generated for scholarships, fellowships, or bursaries received during the tax year, from January to December in any given year. If the student did not receive such benefit during the year, the student will not be issued a T4A slip. For more information, refer to T4A.

T2202 slips are the tuition tax receipts issued to all students who paid tuition for courses in the previous calendar year. It shows the amount of tuition that is paid. For more information, refer to T2202.

Are graduate students considered part-time or full-time students?

All graduate students are considered full-time students, regardless of the number of units taken.

How can students request information to be updated on their issued T2202 or T4A slip, to reflect a name change or Social Insurance Number (SIN) update?

For a name change, the application must first be verified and processed by the Records department in goSFU. For the change of name application form, refer to

For a SIN update, students must first log in to goSFU and update their SIN under the ‘Personal Information’ section of their goSFU account. For information about SIN, refer to Social Insurance Number.

Once the personal information is updated in goSFU, students can email and request for an amendment to their T2202 or T4A slip, by indicating their student ID, brief description of the change being requested, and the tax year of which the amendment should be applied to.