- About FASS
- Departments and programs
- Applied legal studies
- Cognitive science
- French Cohort
- Gender, sexuality, and women's studies
- Global Asia
- Global Humanities
- Graduate liberal studies
- Indigenous languages
- Indigenous studies
- International studies
- Labour studies
- Political science
- Public policy
- Social data analytics
- Urban studies
- World languages & literatures
- Future Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Advising and Resources
- Connect with Arts Central
- Plan your Program
- Career Experience
- Student Life
- FASS Forward
- INDG 305-1 Treaties in Canada
- FASS 200-1 Writing Right: Strategies for effective revision
- FASS 204-1 Communicating in Conflict and Negotiation
- FASS 207-1 Cultural Humility: Understanding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- FASS 208-1 Introduction to Personal Financial Planning for Students
- FASS 210-1 Language Network Science
- FASS 211-1 Data Literacy and the City
- Graduate Students
- Undergraduate Students
Faculty member resources
- Find funding
- Apply for funding
- Manage funding
- Frequently asked questions
- Research centres & institutes
- Faculty member resources
- High School Visits
- Faculty & staff portal
- FASS at Surrey
- Make meaning
- Next steps for new students
- Faculty & Staff (NEW 2022)
Course preview videos
Choosing which courses to enrol in? Take a look at what you can learn at FASS! Our instructors are excited to share their knowledge with you to help you on your path to achieving your degree.
What we've recorded for you
A selection of course videos to give you a preview of what you'll learn in the many courses offered at FASS. Plus, our instructors and lecturers share their research to show you what they're working on along with the expertise they'll bring to your education.
- Fostering better wellbeing for couples and singles with Yuthika Girme, SFU Psychology
- Early social cognition in developmental psychology with Tanya Broesch, SFU Psychology
- What helps people live happier and healthier lives? with Lara Aknin, SFU Psychology
- Understanding how relationships change and develop with Rebecca Cobb, SFU Psychology
- How do we analyze data in psychology? with Rachel Fouladi, SFU Psychology
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take ECON 103: Principles of Microeconomics, at SFU? Watch this preview by lecturer, Martin Santamaria.
ENGL 121, "From Plague to COVID: Literatures of Pandemic," is taught by a team of instructors from SFU's Department of English. Find out what you'll learn when professor Sophie McCall discusses The 500 Years of Resistance comic book by Gord Hill.
ENGL 121, "From Plague to COVID: Literatures of Pandemic," is taught by a team of instructors from SFU's Department of English. Find out what you'll learn in Ronda Arab's section, focusing on the Plague in Tudor-Stuart London.
ENGL 383: Studies in Popular Literature and Culture
What will you learn when you take ENGL 383, Studies in Popular Literature and Culture, at SFU? Watch this preview with professor Paul Budra.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take LBST 201: Workers in the Global Economy, at SFU? Watch this preview by instructor, Maureen Kihika.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take LING 111: Intro to English Vocabulary Analysis and/or LING 200: Intro to English Sentence Analysis, at SFU? Watch this preview by lecturer, Claudia Wong.
The study of logic is essential not just for philosophy students, but for math, lingusitics and computer science students too. SFU Philosophy professor Bruno Guindon describes some of the core concepts from PHIL 110 and why you should take it.
PHIL 144 is perfect for students who have never taken philosopy courses before, and those who are looking to learn a little more science on the side. In this video prefessor Holly Andersen goes over some of the course content.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take PSYC 100: Introduction to Psychology, at SFU? Watch this preview by senior lecturer, George Alder.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take PSYC 109: Brain, Mind and Society, at SFU? Watch this preview by lecturer, Diana Lim.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take PSYC 221, Introduction to Cognitive Psychology, at SFU? Watch this preview by associate professor, Richard Wright.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take psychology courses at SFU? Watch this preview by assistant professor, Yuthika Girme.
Want to find out what you'll learn when you take psychology courses at SFU? Watch this preview by associate professor, Lara Aknin.