- Why Grad Studies at SFU?
- Programs Alphabetically
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies
- Accelerated Master's
- Tuition + Fees
- Visiting + Incoming Exchange
- Awards + Funding
- Graduate Students
- Getting Started
- Understanding Your Role
- Managing Your Program
- Completing + Graduation
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Life + Community
- Community Guide
- Indigenous Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Professional Development
- Jobs + Volunteering
- People + Research
- Highlights & Awards
- Grad Student + Postdoc Spotlight
- Travel Reports
- Grad Student + Postdoc Profiles
- Participate in Grad Student Research
- News + Events
- Faculty + Staff
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Studies in Graduate Studies
SSHRC Talent Award
The Talent Award recognizes exceptional SSHRC-funded researchers and students by celebrating their achievements in research, research training, knowledge mobilization and outreach activities.
Deadline to Submit Nomination
Doctoral students or postdoctoral fellows currently holding specific SSHRC funding (see below)
Canadian Graduate Scholarships
The Talent Award can either be:
- taken up as a fellowship to fund the recipient’s doctoral or postdoctoral research over a one-year period; or
- used within one year of receiving the award as a grant to support research, knowledge mobilization or other research-related activities.
At least 10% of the award funds must be used to promote the recipient’s research achievements.
How to Submit a Nomination
Review selection criteria
Challenge – ambition and importance (25%):
Achievements – impact and outcomes (75%):
Prepare your nomination packageEmail the nomination package, including your full name, student ID, current program, CV, and 1 page of current research work to your Graduate Program Assistant.
Competition Timeline (Spring 2023)
||Nominee deadline to submit the full application to Graduate Program Assistant|
||SFU Departments/Academic Units forward nomination packages to GPS (email@example.com). GPS will organize an adjudication committee to review and select one (1) nomination package.
|April 1||Deadline for GPS to forward the one (1) nomination to SSHRC.