Scholarships and Awards
Graduate Awards and Application System (GA3)
There are two ways to access our Graduate Awards and Application System (GA3).
- log into go.sfu.ca and click on Main Menu > Apply to Graduate School
- Access it directly at https://gradawards.sfu.ca
Current students: Log in with your SFU computing ID and password.
New students: Log in using your Graduate Application (GA) number and assigned password. Note that you must have submitted your admission application in order to access GA3.
Awards for International Students
International students are eligible for many of the awards administered through Simon Fraser University. For a list of available awards visit the Awards Timeline.
All graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in all disciplines are eligible for Mitacs paid internships. Recently announced: Accelerate Internships can be created with non-profit organizations.
- Mitacs Accelerate (see video of SFU info session in March 2015)
- Mitacs Globalink (Apply anytime for research in Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Turkey, or Vietnam)
Bursaries and Student Loans
Financial needs-based graduate scholarships, bursaries and loans, including Government student loans, emergency loans and the Work Study Program, are administered by Awards and Financial Aid. The link to the bursary application can be found on the top navigation bar:
SIS > Self Service > Campus Finances > On-line Bursary Application
If you have a government student loan or are looking for confirmation of enrolment to maintain your student loan, visit the Financial Aid and Awards loans page.
- Award Payments
- Scholarships and Awards Forms
- Private Awards by Department
- Major External Awards (see also awards timeline)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Tips for Effective Scholarship Applications (pdf)
- External awards (on our blog)
- Award Application Resources Handouts (Yearly award timeline and list of award application workshops)