- Enter now
- Get credit
News and stories
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
News and stories
Updates about the SFU Student-Community Engagement Competition and stories from past and current participants.
October 19, 2017
We don’t often focus on the impact that a community engagement project has on its creators. But whether it helps you clarify your goals or just gives you a little bit more hope for what can be accomplished in the world, as Jennifer Dao, program manager for Media Minds, shares with us: even a little inspiration can go a long, long way. Read more
October 11, 2017
Iris Lesser won the Engagement Award during the 2015 SFU Student Community Engagement Competition for her Bhangra in the Park proposal, a project inspired by her doctoral work at SFU. We asked Iris to reflect on her experiences in the hope that her story might help any of you who are inspired to create meaningful social change. Read more
October 05, 2017
The fourth year of the SFU Student-Community Engagement Competition is underway! And this year, an additional $5,000 is available for student projects designed to engage communities and have positive impact in Lougheed, Brentwood, Edmonds, or Metrotown. Read more
September 26, 2017
We know: staying at school is probably the last thing you want to be doing Friday night, unless there’s something awesome to do, right? Well, there’s only one night left of, Compose the Space the 2016 Engagement Award-winning project dreamed up by SFU student Marc St. Pierre and Interactive Arts alumnus Tim Kong. Read more
Do you have an idea to engage with your community?
Register for the Student-Community Engagement Competition! $30,000 is available to fund student-community partnerships that result in meaningful impact for communities. Don't hesitate,