- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Entering the SFU Student Community Engagement Competition
The 2018-19 SFU Student Community Engagement Competition is now over. Stay tuned in September 2019 for details about what comes next!
What would you start if you had $3,000?
$19,000 in awards is available to ignite eight student projects designed for innovative and meaningful community engagement. Maybe you’re working on an existing idea as part of a course, through a student club or another organization, or maybe you just have an amazing idea that keeps you up at night. Whatever it is, we want to hear from you!
Start the process today by registering and considering three short questions about your idea. Deadline to register and submit your idea is Friday, November 30, 2018.
KEY DEADLINES & DATES:
- November 30, 2018 – deadline for registration and idea submission
- January 14, 2019 – deadline for shortlisted teams to submit a detailed proposal
- Early-to-mid February, 2019 – finalist teams will present ideas live to a panel of judges
- Any SFU student can form a team, register and submit an idea – all you need are simple answers to three short questions.
- There are three competitions: Surrey Central City Engagement, Burnaby Engagement, newcomer and refugee Engagement
- There are eight awards totaling $19,000 to support the direct implementation of community engagement projects.
- Don't know how and where to start? Read how it works, awards and judging and rules.