- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Entering the SFU Student Community Engagement Competition
The 2019-20 SFU Student Community Engagement Competition is coming! $30,000 will be available for student-community projects that lead to meaningful impact.
What would you start if you had $3,000?
$30,000 is available to fund student-community partnerships that result in meaningful impact for communities. Maybe you’re working on an existing idea for a class you’re taking, through a student club or another organization, or maybe you just have an amazing idea that keeps you up at night. Whatever it is, we want to hear from you!
Start the process by registering today.
(Deadline to register and submit your idea is Friday, November 29, 2019.)
KEY DEADLINES & DATES:
- November 29, 2019 – deadline for registration and idea submission
- January 17, 2020 – deadline for shortlisted teams to submit a detailed proposal
- Early-to-mid February, 2020 – finalist teams will present ideas live to a panel of judges
- Any SFU student can form a team, register and submit an idea.
- A total of $30,000 is available in the form of $2,000 and $3,000 awards.
- Projects will be selected that best exemplify the values and principles of SFU's Strategic Community Engagement Plan.
- Don't know how and where to start? Read how it works, awards and judging and rules.