- Enter now
- Get credit
News and stories
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
An after-school sustainability education and mentorship program for grades 6-7.
The goal of Eco Endeavors is to develop intermediate elementary students’ knowledge about different areas of sustainability through an afterschool program, in which participants will learn about sustainability through articles, videos, activities, discussion, guest speakers, and field trips.
At the end of the program, students will be able to take home a scrapbook journal which will integrate their reflections with articles, drawings, and notes. This will help students creatively explore sustainability and reflect on their learning experience. The students will also have the opportunity to plan their own sustainability initiatives in their school and communities throughout the program, receiving mentorship from SFU students.
2017 Burnaby Engagement Award Winner