- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Urban food security on wheels
With the financial stress and food security issues in urban environments, the use of food banks in BC has gone up by almost 25% since 2008. The City of Surrey's reliance on local food banks have been increasing along with its growing population. The Gro-Cart project seeks to empower members of the Surrey community by enabling them to grow food themselves. With the use of repaired grocery carts, mobile gardens will be created to be used and shared by those with limited garden space. The vision is to offer skills to socio-economically challenged families and individuals, allowing them to supplement their diet with vegetables they grow themselves.
- Mobile vegetables, banghra and ‘bubbles’ win Surrey engagement prizes
- Gardens on wheels take root in Surrey
2015 Surrey Grand Award Winner
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.