- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Action for Food Security
Team member: Katie Mai
Action for Food Security is a one-day, interactive multi-cultural event themed around food security. There will be 20-30 activity booths run by community agencies, and several more information booths to provide resources related to food. This will also be a venue for dialogue, with facilitated idea boards and questionnaires spread around the event. It will celebrate the diversity of cultures in Surrey, with music, performances, and a variety of foods. Event objectives are for Guildford residents to build their food literacy and connectedness to community resources and supports; share concerns and ideas related to food security in their community; an opportunity to identify passionate residents to become community champions to discuss shared issues and respond collectively; an popportunity for sharing food and traditions, diversity of Surrey will be honoured and celebrated.
Do you have an idea to engage with your community?
Register for the Student-Community Engagement Competition! $30,000 is available to fund student-community partnerships that result in meaningful impact for communities. Don't hesitate,