- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Compose the Space
Team members: Tim Kong and Marc St. Pierre
Compose the Space is an outdoor installation that encourages participants traveling through the Surrey City Centre Plaza to interact in the space. A larger-than-life makeshift piano in the form of a thin sensor-laden mat will be set up outside the City Centre Library. Guided by a visualization projected along the eastern wall of the library, participants will have the opportunity to play the piano by dancing over its keys. The key engagement tactic of the installation is to encourage strangers to collaborate in creating rich and interactive music, where the participation of one person is not enough to create the full musical experience.
2016 Surrey Place-Making Project Award Winner