- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Compose the Space
Team members: Tim Kong and Marc St. Pierre
Compose the Space is an outdoor installation that encourages participants traveling through the Surrey City Centre Plaza to interact in the space. A larger-than-life makeshift piano in the form of a thin sensor-laden mat will be set up outside the City Centre Library. Guided by a visualization projected along the eastern wall of the library, participants will have the opportunity to play the piano by dancing over its keys. The key engagement tactic of the installation is to encourage strangers to collaborate in creating rich and interactive music, where the participation of one person is not enough to create the full musical experience.
2016 Surrey Place-Making Project Award Winner
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.