- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Bhangra in the Park
Bhangra In The Park is a new program to be offered in the Surrey Centre area that would be open to the public and would provide a safe opporunity for the South Asian community to increase their physical activity. The South Asian community is the largest minority group in Canada and also a group with one of the highest rates of Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular disease of any Canadian population with an earlier age onset. The class will have a positive health impact on all attendees through improved social connectedness, mental health, and aerobic fitness.
2015 Surrey Engagement Award Winner
Do you have an idea to engage with your community?
Register for the Student-Community Engagement Competition! $30,000 is available to fund student-community partnerships that result in meaningful impact for communities. Don't hesitate,