- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Surrey Collaborative Outreach and Research Experience (SCORE) aims to develop the human capital of the Central City community to enable local talent to take advantage of the opportunities being created by the revitalization of the City Centre. The vision of the program is to provide anyone at the high school, undergraduate or graduate levels with opportunities for exposure to cutting edge hands-on research experience in medical technologies, scientific training, as well as mentorship by researchers, business leaders, and community thought leaders. Through collaborative team work, the students engage with community partners (such as City of Surrey) and industry supporters (such as MISL and Health Tech Connex) as well as researchers and clinicians to solve real world challenges. Designed to be an elite training program for recruitment and development of fresh talent, the program gives participants first-hand, hands-on experience in developing technological solutions that touch patient lives and benefit community partners.
2014 Surrey Grand Award Winner