- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Maker Cube - Surrey Makerspace
Community Drone and 3D Printer Building
Team members: Dylan Belvedere
Maker Cube is Surrey's only collaborative, educational, and science & technical community space (makerspace). It offers people exposure and opportunities to explore and build embedded electronics, 3D designing and printing, mechanical design, coding, creative design, and future applications for technology. These 3D printing kits/projects will be reused or the completed projects will be sold off to by renewed components. With this since the project will be repeatedly redone, the initial participants will then become the project leaders in the next iteration. Original leaders will largely consist of already technologically experienced SFU students, and will lead both community and more students to build these projects.