- Enter now
- Competition Info
- Knowledge Translation Re-imagining: Healthcare in the DTES
- Memorializing the First Filipino in Canada: A documentary
- Mixed-Race Community Group: Exploring Self, Ancestries, and Lands
- Documenstory - Ashcroft Youth Media Club
- The Process of Political Activism
- Happy, Connected, Resilient Neighbours
- Crafting Circles
- Trans Connect-ing Youth in Sport
- Ocean Care through Data Embodying and Behaviour Changes
- Let’s Do Breakfast
- Empowering Muslim Youth
- Peer Connect: Accessibility Meet up/ Games Night
- The Reclamation of Women's Bundles
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- Fourteen student-led teams win funding to realize community impact!
- Leaders & Learners
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Projects and competitions 2017
2017 FINALISTS - BURNABY
BURNABY GRAND AWARD WINNER
A co-created magazine to showcase seniors' stories of resilience locally and from around the world...
BURNABY ENGAGEMENT AWARD WINNER
The goal of Eco Endeavors is to develop intermediate elementary students’ knowledge about different areas of sustainability through an afterschool program...
A place-based initiative to facilitate intergenerational connections through cooking and storytelling...
A partnership model to facilitate the adoption of eco-friendly methods of waste disposal while educating youth on conservation...
2017 FINALISTS - SURREY
SURREY GRAND AWARD WINNER
A one-day workshop that will connect new students in the field of Communication, Art and Technology with local representatives of businesses and organizations in Surrey...
SURREY ENGAGEMENT AWARD WINNER
Surrey Faces is a photo installation that honours the interconnectivity of individuals and their environments – it highlights how we shape the community and how the community shapes us...
SURREY ENGAGEMENT AWARD WINNER
A student-run program striving to develop financial literacy and employability skills in immigrant, refugee and Muslim women at risk of becoming homeless...
What would you do with $3,000?
Up to $30,000* is available to fund SFU students who want to work with community partners to create meaningful impact.
Maybe you’re working on an existing idea for a class you’re taking, through a student club, or through another organization. Or maybe you just have an amazing idea that keeps you up at night.... Whatever it is, we want to hear from you!