- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
A partnership model to facilitate the adoption of eco-friendly methods of waste disposal while educating youth on conservation.
We believe in a sustainable world in which we communally strive to push beyond the social norms of sustainability. As a local environmental group stemming from SFU, we aim to integrate and promote programs, such as stationary recycling, into schools and major establishments in the Metro Vancouver area to divert waste from landfills. Our goals for this project are to increase awareness about eco-friendly disposal methods, to reduce waste generated in communities, and to empower youth in sustainable leadership.
Do you have an idea to engage with your community?
Register for the Student-Community Engagement Competition! $30,000 is available to fund student-community partnerships that result in meaningful impact for communities. Don't hesitate,