- Enter now
- Get credit
- Past projects
News and stories
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
Surrey Faces is a photo installation that honours the interconnectivity of individuals and their environments.
Our vision is to engage our neighbourhoods of Whalley and Surrey Centre and create and install large-scale portraits printed on plexi-glass material. The plexi portraits will be accompanied by narratives of each individual that will be shared online. The narratives will be printed in English and in the subject’s mother language. QR codes will be placed on the printed portraits to enable people to easily access the subject’s story online.
Our plan is to showcase our neighbourhood’s diversity and strength through beautiful portraiture and storytelling. We will photograph 10 individuals from 10 different cultural backgrounds within our neighbourhood of Whalley/Surrey Central who represent the strength and compassion that is central to our community. We will then share the stories of those individuals online and create a custom hashtag to allow the public to connect to those stories.
2017 Surrey Engagement Award Winner
Do you have an idea to engage with your community?
Register for the Student-Community Engagement Competition! $30,000 is available to fund student-community partnerships that result in meaningful impact for communities. Don't hesitate,