- Enter now
- Get credit
News and stories
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Team member: Ashley Kwon
Speed Friending is a project to plan three inclusive community events to provide a platform for community members to interact with one another, and make friends. Participants will complete speed rounds of meeting and connecting with each other through a series of activities and conversations. Speed Friending will create new and interesting connections between individuals for the purpose of addressing social isolation, and improving intergenerational connection in the Central City area of Surrey.
2016 Surrey Engagement Award Winner