- Enter now
- Competition Info
- Kokum's Helper Round Dance by team CCB Treaty 6
- Knowledge Translation Re-imagining: Healthcare in the DTES
- Memorializing the First Filipino in Canada: A documentary
- Mixed-Race Community Group: Exploring Self, Ancestries, and Lands
- Documenstory - Ashcroft Youth Media Club
- The Process of Political Activism
- Happy, Connected, Resilient Neighbours
- Crafting Circles
- Trans Connect-ing Youth in Sport
- Ocean Care through Data Embodying and Behaviour Changes
- Let’s Do Breakfast
- Empowering Muslim Youth
- Peer Connect: Accessibility Meet up/ Games Night
- The Reclamation of Women's Bundles
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- Fourteen student-led teams win funding to realize community impact!
- Leaders & Learners
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
$3,000 GRAND AWARDS
(ITMP) INDIGENOUS TUTORING & MENTORING PROGRAM
The goal of this program is to create meaningful relationships between Indigenous students and their tutors and mentors.
NaloxHome SFU aims to ameliorate the detrimental effects of the overdose crisis in communities across Greater Vancouver.
SINGING OUR TRUTHS: TELLING OUR STORIES
A workshop series to celebrate identity and visibility for 2SLGBTQIA+ community members, culminating in an artistic soundscape offered publicly for far-reaching engagement.
$3,000 BURNABY FESTIVAL OF LEARNING AWARD
BURNABY MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL
Putting the words of Indigenous land acknowledgement into meaningful action. The process is the project.
$2,000 CITY OF SURREY ENGAGEMENT AWARD
YOUNG MINDS EXPLORING SCIENCE
Our goal when creating Young Minds Exploring Science (YMES) was, and still is, to eliminate barriers that youth face when accessing extracurricular STEM programs.
$2,000 Engagement Award
ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
African seniors working together to learn how to sew and properly wear masks.
Organizing marginalized communities by empowering members to speak publicly and confidently about issues of displacement of people, food and cultural assets.
Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
Sound Map is a proposed resistance project centered on the Hastings Folk Garden that weaves together three iterative, low-barrier projects that the Hives for Humanity Community Engagement Committee collaboratively co-created over the past year.
OneTime aims to create a platform where diverse, intersectional backgrounds, experiences, and stories can be shared with authenticity and pride, bringing stigmatized topics out into the open.
Voices 4 (re)Conciliation
Voices 4 (re)Conciliation is a project that aims to bring inter-generational Canadians from faith-based communities together to reflect on the history of Residential Schools (RS) through learning and music.
Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
A workshop series to explore comfort as a means to connect with your own inner resources and coping skills, as well as an opportunity to connect with others other in community.
Glow Within Foundation
Glow Within’s mission is to empower and cultivate a community of confident feminine-identifying individuals by giving them the essential resources to navigate their physical, mental and emotional health.
Public Health Speaks
Public Health Speaks’ vision is to empower and engage the community in making informed choices about their health through effective health promotion, information dissemination, and community partnerships.
BC Newcomer Camp
A project to teach Raspberry Pi fundamentals to newcomer and refugee children and youth.
Bringing together Haida grad students to give one another support, share Haida language and traditions, discuss our schooling and research and connect it to the Haida community.
OMG I have ADHD
If we create a peer-led event and collective for people diagnosed with ADHD in adulthood, then they will have access to meaningful social connections along with current knowledge and research from leading experts.
ReRooting Relationships will create and run a summer program for a cohort of 15 youth (priority QTBIPOC) to engage in a series of relationship-building workshops based on community engagement and social justice.
What would you do with $3,000?
Up to $30,000* is available to fund SFU students who want to work with community partners to create meaningful impact.
Maybe you’re working on an existing idea for a class you’re taking, through a student club or another organization, or maybe you just have an amazing idea that keeps you up at night.... Whatever it is, we want to hear from you!
Start the process now by registering today – all you need is your passion and an idea.