- News & Events
- News archive
- Winter 2023
- Meet Nico Hernandez, 2022 Lighthouse Lab Prize Recipient
- Jon Corbett Joins School of Interactive Art and Technology
- Welcome Kota Ezawa, the 2023 Spring Audain Visual Artist in Residence
- MPUB Alumnus Claire Cavanagh Becomes Literary Agent
- Alumnus designs Canucks Lunar New Year jersey
- 2023 Skoden Indigenous Film Festival
- Fall 2022
- Eight SFU innovators bestowed with Canada’s highest academic honour
- SIAT Convocation Features October 2022
- Graduating Student Sharlyn Monillas Tells Us About Her Time in CMNS
- Centre for Digital Media partners with Ethọ́s Lab to improve Black representation in digital media
- Explore the Surrey Community Open House SIAT Project Demos
- new interdisciplinary technology aid wilderness search and rescue
- Building better democracies through journalism
- Charter alumnus making a big impact through small gifts
- Summer 2022
- FCAT June 2022 Convocation: Looking back
- Meet Contemporary Arts alum Krystle Silverfox
- SFU researchers receive over $6 million to tackle online disinformation, foster data fluencies
- SIAT researchers develop and curate exhibition at Galiano Island’s Yellowhouse Art Centre
- Roll out the red carpet: Surrey students showcase filmmaking talent
- Spring 2022
- FACTS AND FALSEHOODS IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
- Celebrating Black History Month across the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology
- SFU professor shares experience living and teaching in war-torn Ukraine
- SFU artists and researchers showcase art installation on Surrey’s ‘UrbanScreen’
- Leadership and Agile Production Management micro-credential established in partnership with DigiBC
- Leading with heart: Meet Staff Achievement Award winner Corbin Saleken
- HOW GOOGLE’S SEARCH ENGINE SUPPORTS CONSPIRACY THEORISTS AND HATE FIGURES
- SFU staffer’s commitment to local arts community nets staff achievement award
- Fall 2021
- Summer 2021
- Spring 2021
- Fall 2020
- Summer 2020
- Spring 2020
- Fall 2019
- Summer 2019
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2018
- Summer 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Summer 2016
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2015
- Summer 2015
- Spring 2015
- Fall 2014
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- Fall 2013
- Winter 2023
- News archive
- 2023 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2022 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2021 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- Cancelled: 2020 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2019 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2018 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2017 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2016 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2015 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2014 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2013 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- FCAT Research and Teaching Forum
- 2023 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- Featured Student
- Featured alumnus
- Future students
- Current students
- Get involved
- FCAT After School Podcast
- Season One
- Episode 0: Welcome to After School
- Episode 1: Finding Your Creative Potential with Prem Gill
- Episode 2: Inclusivity in the Performance Arts with Aryo Khakpour
- Episode 3: Connecting Design and Technology with Sofia Bautista
- Episode 4: Storytelling in Game Design with Mars Balisacan
- Episode 5: Challenging the Status Quo through Art with Shion Skye Carter & Stefan Nazarevich
- Episode 6: Starting Your Own Publishing Company with Jesse Finkelstein
- Episode 7: Finding Happiness in Your Work with Nick Doering
- Episode 8: Making a Name in Independent Filmmaking with Gloria Mercer
- Episode 9: It All Starts with a Strategy with Adam Brayford
- Episode 10: Shifting Places, Shifting Minds with Milton Lim
- Episode 11: Being the Big Piece in a Small Pie with Jordan Yep
- Episode 12: Reimagining Dance Training with Tin Gamboa
- Episode 13: Standing Out as a Creative with Sara Milosavic
- Season Two
- Episode 0: Welcome to FCAT After School Series 2!
- Episode 1: Entrepreneurship in UX Design with Eric Lee
- Episode 2: Community and Adaptability in the Performing Arts with Howard Dai
- Episode 3: Mastering the Art of Publishing with Jazmin Welch
- Episode 4: Navigating your Educational Journey with Broadcaster Simi Sara
- Episode 5: Career Transitions of a Software Engineer with Vic Ong
- Episode 6: Becoming Your Own Boss with Kirstin Richter
- Episode 7: Gaining a Global Outlook with Kai Bockmann
- Episode 8: Finding Your Place in Publishing with Heidi Waechtler
- Episode Transcripts
- Season 2, Episode 1: Entrepreneurship in UX Design with Eric Lee
- Season 2, Episode 2: Community and Adaptability in the Performing Arts with Howard Dai
- Season 2, Episode 3: Mastering the Art of Publishing with Jazmin Welch
- Season 2, Episode 4: Navigating your Educational Journey with Broadcaster Simi Sara
- Season 2, Episode 5: Career Transitions of a Software Engineer with Vic Ong
- Season 2, Episode 6: Becoming Your Own Boss with Kirstin Richter
- Season 2, Episode 7: Kai Bockmann
- Season 2, Episode 8: Finding Your Place in Publishing with Heidi Waechtler
- Season One
- Support FCAT
- Dean's External Advisory Board
- Work at FCAT
- FCAT Excellence Awards
- FCAT Connects
- FCAT research funding lifecycle
- FCAT Funding Opportunities
- Institutes, labs and projects
- Quick links and resources
- FCAT Research Newsletter Archive
- Return to campus
Past featured students
Shion Skye Carter Shion Skye Carter shares her experience with interdisciplinary teaching and how it helped her grow...
John Desnoyers-Stewart SIAT PhD student John Desnoyers-Stewart is an interdisciplinary...
Bernice Mau Flickering Storm is an Etsy store selling stickers, prints and embroidery run by CMNS student...
Casey McCarthy After graduating in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in communication and English, Casey McCarthy knew...
Elaina Styka Elaina Styka was initially hesitant to join student clubs and get involved on campus, but during...
Estela Xu, Nikie Zuo, Nusrath Imtiaz, Cassey Peng, and Keefe Liew With their app Medilog, the winners of the student category at the 2019 Vancouver User...
Kitty Walker Now in her final year of the visual art program at our School for the Contemporary Arts, Kitty...
Rachel Wong Rachel Wong is a communication honours student who has made the most of her time at SFU. Before...
Carr Sappier and Grace Mathisen SFU film students Carr Sappier and Grace Mathisen have founded the Skoden Indigenous...
Amanda Sum Although Amanda Sum studied dance, music, and theatre from a young age, she hasn’t always planned...
Alexa Tarrayo Alexa Tarrayo is an Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT)...
Naina Grewal July 19, 2016
Naina is a Communication and Business joint major with an interest in marketing who hosts her own...
Sepideh Hashtroodi November 18, 2015
Sepideh is a student in the Interactive Arts and Technology Program with a concentration in design....
Chris McCluskie April 07, 2016
Chris is a Communication Student who has completed a Co-op and Contemporary Arts Field School to...
A Yeong Kim August 31, 2016
A Yeong Kim loves art and design, making the Visual Art program a natural fit
Victor Luna June 10, 2014
Victor Luna discovered Fraser International College and Simon Fraser University through an...
Cydney Paddon May 21, 2015
As a Contemporary Arts student with a concentration in Visual Art, Cydney acts...
Emily Taylor May 29, 2014
Emily Taylor is an engaged Co-op student who studies both Communication and Print...
Hobson Lin May 19, 2015
Hobson Lin is all about FCAT. Currently in his third year at SFU, Hobson is working towards a major...
Kassandra Mihaly May 28, 2015
Like most students, Kassandra was looking for a program that would be the right fit for her,
Kyle Ball February 11, 2014
Interactive Arts and Technology student Kyle Ball is a content creator and videographer. His...
Lillian Chow September 19, 2014
A keen communicator, Lillian Chow had always known she wanted to study in Communication.
Lily Cryan May 29, 2014
A compelling example of a student who follows through with her passion...
Qinwen Yu August 03, 2016
Qinwen is a master’s student in the Global Communication MA Double Degree program.
Richard Ainscough September 15, 2015
Richard is an upper level Communication and Print and Digital Publishing student.
Sean Warwick May 29, 2014
With a love for computers and a desire to explore his creative side, Sean Warwick...