- Future Students
- Current Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Teacher Education Students
- Professional Diplomas Students
- Graduate Students
- Work & Professional Development
- Programs of Study
- Undergraduate Studies
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Education as a Second Degree
- Counselling and Human Development Minor
- Curriculum and Instruction Minor
- Early Learning Minor
- Educational Psychology Minor
- Learning and Developmental Disabilities Minor
- Social Justice in Education Minor
- Elementary Generalist Minor
- Environmental Education Minor
- French Education Minor
- Physical and Health Education Minor
- Secondary Mathematics Education Minor
- Secondary Teaching Minor
- Teacher Education
- Professional Development Program
- Professional Linking Program
- Professional Qualification Program
- Helping Ease Access for Returning Teachers
- Alaska Highway Consortium on Teacher Education
- Programs in French
- Professional Diplomas
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Teaching for Equity and Social Justice
- Leadership et pratique innovante en éducation francophone en milieu minoritaire
- Exploring Making: Art, Design and Technology in Education
- Indigenous Education: Wholistic Teachings and Transformative Pedagogies
- Inclusion, Interaction et Connexion en classe de Français
- Living Inquiries: Engaging with Reggio-Inspired and Local Pedagogies
- Social-Emotional Well-Being: Resiliency and Flourishing through Trauma-Sensitive Practices
- Fostering Belonging: Supporting Diversity and Inclusion in Education
- Exploring Montessori-Inspired Educational Environments
- Join Our Interest List
- Post Baccalaureate Diploma
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Graduate Studies
- Masters Programs
- MA, MEd in Arts Education
- MA, MEd in Counselling Psychology
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Contemplative Inquiry & Approaches in Education
- MA, MEd dans Curriculum & Instruction: l'éducation en français en contextes de diversité (campus de SFU)
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Ecological Education
- MA, MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Educational Theory and Practice
- MA, MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Equity Studies in Education
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Health Education & Active Living
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Imaginative Teaching and Learning with the New B.C. Curriculum
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Innovations in Mathematics Education
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Post-Secondary (VCC)
- M.Éd. dans Curriculum & Instruction: Enseigner et apprendre en français: plurilinguismes, francophonies et éducation
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Indigenous Resurgence
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Post-Secondary (Surrey)
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Post-Secondary (Victoria)
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Imaginative K-12 Leadership (Surrey)
- MEd in Educational Practice
- MA, MEd in Educational Psychology
- MA, MEd in Educational Technology & Learning Design
- MA, MEd in Teaching English as an Additional Language
- MEd in Teaching Languages in Global Contexts
- MSc, MEd in Secondary Mathematics Education
- Doctoral Programs
- PhD in Arts Education
- EdD in Educational Leadership: Leading for Educational Change in the Yukon
- PhD in Educational Psychology
- PhD in Educational Technology & Learning Design
- PhD in Educational Theory and Practice: Curriculum and Pedagogy Stream
- PhD in Educational Theory and Practice: Philosophy of Education Stream
- PhD in Languages, Cultures and Literacies
- PhD en langues, cultures et littératies (en français)
- PhD in Mathematics Education
- Areas of Study
- Program Comparision
- Masters Programs
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Support Us
- Instructor & Staff Resources
- Work With Us
2022 News and Events
January 31, 2022
Congratulations to our graduate students in the Faculty of Education and their supervisors for...
January 04, 2022
Congratulations to our 2021 Faculty and Staff award recipients!
February 17, 2022
While conference gatherings are opportune spaces for the intellectual exchange and presentation of...
February 07, 2022
Dr. Peter Liljedahl recently appeared on the #EduCrush Podcast to discuss the issue of...
February 01, 2022
This past fall, I had the pleasure of speaking with professor Masahiro Minami from Simon...
March 03, 2022
Dr. Sheree Rodney has had a passion for school and teaching since childhood. However, her interest...
March 11, 2022
The B.C. government’s decision to require high school students to complete Indigenous courses in...
March 23, 2022
Faculty of Education Dean Susan O’Neill has been recruited to take up the position of Head of...
April 01, 2022
The Faculty of Education, Graduate Studies is pleased to announce the results of the 2022...
May 17, 2022
On May 12, Dr. Kieran Egan, one of the longest-serving members of the Faculty of Education, passed...
May 19, 2022
Congratulations to Dr. Amy Parent who has been announced as Member of the Indigenous Leadership...
June 14, 2022
Dr. Wanda Cassidy, Professor, SFU Faculty of Education and Director, Centre for Education, Law and...
June 08, 2022
Dr. Kris Magnusson, Dean Pro Tem, recently appeared on BC Today with Michelle Eliot (June 7, 2022)...
June 10, 2022
Congratulations to Dr. Shiva Hajian and Dr. David Chang, recipients of the Graduate Convocation...
June 09, 2022
Educational institutions traditionally shaped by colonial ideologies are working to incorporate and...
June 07, 2022
For graduand and student speaker Joanna Fraser, her passion and drive for reconciliation and...
July 26, 2022
Congratulations to Dr. Alanaise Ferguson, who along with eight of Simon Fraser University’s leading...
August 18, 2022
Dr. Milton McClaren, an emeritus professor in the Faculty of Education at SFU, has been named to...
August 31, 2022
The newly designed Surrey Community Counselling location at SFU's Surrey Campus is enabling the...
August 31, 2022
Dr. Amy Parent, newly appointed Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Education and Governance is...
August 03, 2022
Whether you’re a new student to SFU or returning for your undergraduate, graduate or doctoral...
September 06, 2022
by Dr. Egan J Chernoff & Dr. Rina Zazkis via The Conversation (August 28, 2022)
Reflections on the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation: In conversation with Alanaise Ferguson
September 28, 2022
Dr. Alanaise Ferguson is an Indigenous scientist-practitioner and educator in Counselling...
September 26, 2022
The history of this Faculty goes back to 1965, but the history of the land on which our campuses...
September 07, 2022
Len Pierre, member of Katzie First Nation and founder of his own Indigenous consulting...
September 23, 2022
Nominations for the Faculty of Education’s Faculty and Staff Awards for 2022 are now...
September 30, 2022
An inspiring conversation with award-winning author Monique Gray Smith, a self-guided tour of...
October 06, 2022
Katherine Mulski, Doctor in Educational Practice graduand, shares her experiences as a student in...
October 25, 2022
Combatting gun violence should be part of holistic crime prevention and start well before “gun...
SFU Faculty of Education ranked 89th in the world and 5th in Canada by The Times Higher Education for 2023!
October 25, 2022
Statement from Dean Pro Tem, Kris Magnusson: “Today, The Times Higher Education (THE) world...
October 12, 2022
Last week (October 6 & 7), over 1800 students across the university crossed the stage and...
October 07, 2022
Graduation is a special time for celebrating your achievements in the Faculty of Education at Simon...
November 24, 2022
Dr. Amber Moore is an expert on sexual violence, especially in the lives of young women, and a...
November 16, 2022
The Indigenous Education and Reconciliation Council (IERC) and The Faculty of Education are...
Collectively transforming the education system and governance for Indigenous self-determination needs
November 15, 2022
Dr. Amy Parent, Nox Ts’aawit (Mother of the Raven Warrior Chief), is Associate Professor at the...
December 14, 2022
Some forty years ago a conference in Saskatchewan brought together Michael Manley-Casimir,...
Nisga’a Nation’s stolen memorial pole to be returned by the National Museum of Scotland in historic decision
December 02, 2022
The Nisga’a Lisims Government has announced that as of December 1, 2022, a long-stolen...
December 03, 2022
In Canada and around the world, we seek communities where all belong. Belonging infers that...
December 07, 2022
Congratulations to doctoral student Alexis Carr, the recipient of the SSHRC Canada Graduate...
December 12, 2022
The recent COP 27 meeting in Egypt continued to highlight important issues of Climate Change and...
December 20, 2022
As we celebrate the start of the new year and a new semester, here is a recap of some of the top...