- Future Students
- Current Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Teacher Education Students
- Professional Diplomas Students
- Graduate Students
- Work & Professional Development
- Programs of Study
- Undergraduate Studies
- Bachelor of General Studies
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Education as a Second Degree
- Counselling and Human Development Minor
- Curriculum and Instruction Minor
- Early Learning Minor
- Educational Psychology Minor
- Learning and Developmental Disabilities Minor
- Social Justice in Education Minor
- Elementary Generalist Minor
- Environmental Education Minor
- French Education Minor
- Physical and Health Education Minor
- Secondary Mathematics Education Minor
- Secondary Teaching Minor
- Teacher Education
- Professional Development Program
- Professional Linking Program
- Professional Qualification Program
- Helping Ease Access for Returning Teachers
- Alaska Highway Consortium on Teacher Education
- Programs in French
- Professional Diplomas
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Teaching for Equity and Social Justice
- Leadership et pratique innovante en éducation francophone en milieu minoritaire
- Exploring Making: Art, Design and Technology in Education
- Indigenous Education: Wholistic Teachings and Transformative Pedagogies
- Place and Nature-Based Experiential Learning - Summer 2023
- Inclusion, Interaction et Connexion en classe de Français
- Living Inquiries: Engaging with Reggio-Inspired and Local Pedagogies
- Social-Emotional Well-Being: Resiliency and Flourishing through Trauma-Sensitive Practices
- Fostering Belonging: Supporting Diversity and Inclusion in Education
- Exploring Montessori-Inspired Educational Environments
- Join Our Interest List
- Post Baccalaureate Diploma
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Graduate Studies
- Masters Programs
- MA, MEd in Arts Education
- MA, MEd in Counselling Psychology
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Children’s and Young Adult Literature
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Contemplative Inquiry & Approaches in Education
- MA, MEd dans Curriculum & Instruction: l'éducation en français en contextes de diversité (campus de SFU)
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Ecological Education
- MA, MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Educational Theory and Practice
- MA, MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Equity Studies in Education
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Health Education & Active Living
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Imaginative Teaching and Learning with the New B.C. Curriculum
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Innovations in Mathematics Education
- MEd in Curriculum & Instruction: Post-Secondary (VCC)
- M.Éd. dans Curriculum & Instruction: Enseigner et apprendre en français: plurilinguismes, francophonies et éducation
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Indigenous Resurgence
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Post-Secondary (Surrey)
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Post-Secondary (Victoria)
- MEd in Educational Leadership: Imaginative K-12 Leadership (Surrey)
- MEd EP in Educational Practice
- MA, MEd in Educational Psychology
- MA, MEd in Educational Technology & Learning Design
- MA, MEd in Teaching English as an Additional Language
- MEd in Teaching Languages in Global Contexts
- MSc, MEd in Secondary Mathematics Education
- Doctoral Programs
- PhD in Arts Education
- EdD in Educational Leadership: Leading for Educational Change in the Yukon
- PhD in Educational Psychology
- PhD in Educational Technology & Learning Design
- PhD in Educational Theory and Practice: Curriculum and Pedagogy Stream
- PhD in Educational Theory and Practice: Philosophy of Education Stream
- PhD in Languages, Cultures and Literacies
- PhD en langues, cultures et littératies (en français)
- PhD in Mathematics Education
- Areas of Study
- Program Comparision
- Masters Programs
- Faculty & Research
- News & Events
- Support Us
- Instructor & Staff Resources
- Work With Us
Advisor Link for Current Education Students
Advisor Link is the one-stop shop for Undergraduate academic advising.
Current undergraduate students Undergraduate students can view their advisors' availabilities and book appointments directly with advisors within Advisor Link.
Note: Only students declared in an Education program will be able to book with an Education advisor through Advisor Link.
- For non-Education students, continue to email one of our three advisors directly.
- For questions relating to non-Education courses or programs, contact the appropriate departmental advisor.
How to Use Advisor Link
Do I need an advising appointment?
Our advisor are happy to meet with you for any of the following:
- Course planning
- Requesting a transfer into the Bachelor of General Studies in Education
- Assisting with academic and wellness resources
Many other advising activities can be done via email without an advising appointment. You do not need to make an appointment with an Education advisor for any of the following:
- Declaring a Minor in the Faculty of Education: You can declare a minor in the Faculty of Education by email if you have the lower division courses complete or in-progress (after week 3). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Asking Enrolment Questions: If you have enrolment questions or are encountering issues with enrolment, email: email@example.com.
Note: Undergraduate advisors do not advise on admission to any of the Teacher Education, Professional Studies or Graduate Studies programs. Contact your program of interest directly.
Tips for Emailing Advisors
Should you need to email our advisors directly (and not using Advisor Link), ensure your email contains your SFU Student ID and attach a copy of your current advising transcript.
In a given term, unless you have changed programs and enrollment, your advising transcript can be reused on subsequent emails or visits to advisors. If you have received new grades since your last email or visit, provide an updated copy of your advising transcript.
Where to find your advising transcript
- Log in to goSFU
- Select "Transcript: Advising" from the drop-down menu and click continue.
- Make sure it's sorted by "Both" and click go.
- Wait a few minutes, then click "Refresh" until the "View PDF" link is available. Click that link to download your advising transcript.
MEET OUR ADVISORS
It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of faculty regulations as stated in the SFU Calendar. Departmental and faculty advisors and staff are available to give advice and guidance. However, the ultimate responsibility for completeness and correctness of course selection, for compliance with and completion of program and degree requirements and for observance of regulations and deadlines rests with the student.