HELPING EASE ACCESS FOR RETURNING TEACHERS
PLEASE NOTE: The application instructions are currently under revision. The updated version will be made available shortly.
Before starting the online application, please prepare the following documents:
- Scanned copy of your TCB evaluation letter (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of your Professional Certificate from the TCB (if applicable)
- Introduction Letter:
- Describe your teaching experience
- What has motivated your return to teaching?
- Articulate your understanding of the B.C. curriculum including the Special Education and Aboriginal Education mandates
- Any recent professional development, including readings, workshops, courses, etc.
- Additional information relating to professional work that you would consider relevant
- Include any recent professional development, teaching/volunteer experience, and academics
- We encourage you to spend time volunteering and/or observing in a K-12 classroom in a BC public school. If you have been away for more than 2 years, it is strongly recommended to spend time in the K-12 BC public school system
- One unit plan (template below)
- Two lesson plans (template below)
The application fee of $60 is non-refundable and must be received by the application deadline. Make your cheque payable to Simon Fraser University. We will also accept a money order.