Scholarships & Awards
Links below redirect to the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website.
- Internal + Donor Funded Awards (Education)
- Major Entrance Awards
- External + Government Funded Awards
- Thesis Dissertation Awards + Convocation Medals
- Other Sources of Funding
- Travel and Research Awards
- EGSA Professional Development Grant (PDG)
- GSS Professional Development Grant
- Travel Awards (Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies)
- EGSA Community Development Grant
- GSS Subsidies and Bursaries (Financial need-based)
- GSS Benefit Plan Bursary
GSS Family Subsidy
GSS Emergency Grocery Card Program
- GSS Benefit Plan Bursary
Learn more about the Faculty of Education Graduate Student Funding Policy.
No Deadline/Varied Deadlines:
- Fulbright awards for Canadian students who are looking for further studies in the US
- JSPS Pre- and Post-doctoral Fellowship Program for North American and European Researchers, 60 Fellowships (up to ¥200,000 or $915K CAD) for pre- and post-doctoral researchers in Japan
- September–November Simons Foundation, Advancing Research in Basic Science and Mathematics
- Graduate Student Emergency Aid (Emergency Grocery Card Program, and Emergency Bursaries)
- Mitacs Globalink Research Award, up to $5k for study in Brazil, mainland China, India, Mexico, Turkey or Vietnam
- Mitacs Globalink Partnership Award, up to $15k for graduate research in industry in Brazil, mainland China, India, Mexico, Turkey, France or Vietnam
- RADIUS Social Innocation Seed Funding, provides financial support to help get your project off the ground. The funding is offered in partnership by RADIUS and Embark and is inspired by our shared mission to advance the sustainability of SFU and its communities.
- Accelerate Interships with Mitacs, at least $10,000 for standard 4-month internship. Open to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at a Canadian University
- TSSU Member Childcare Bursary, late applications are subject to the availability of funds at the time of the application
- Data Incubator 8-week fellowships for grad students looking to enter industry
- Conference Funding
- Financial Aid for Indigenous Students
- SAGE, interdisciplinary and cross-institutional peer mentoring program designed to support Aboriginal graduate students with the successful transition into and completion of their graduate program.
- New Relationship Trust Award, Offering $10k (Master's) and $20k (Doctoral) scholarships for Indigenous students.
- Funding and Awards available for International Students.
- SFU has many Services for International Students.
- For further information visit the International Student Advising and Programs website.
Search Scholarship Databases
- Province of British Columbia Grants Database
The Province of BC has a large grants website, under their RuralBC initiative. The grants are from a number of Canadian private and public sources and range from environmental to heritage to Aboriginal to youth to a range of other community-based efforts.If your graduate research includes an element that engages the community, you might be able to find funding to help you carry out the work. (As with all funding opportunities, be sure to talk to your supervisor before you start writing a proposal.)
- ScholarshipDB.net Database
A large database of scholarships, awards, and postodctoral positions, searchable by country and academic discipline.
- Scholarships Positions Database
The Scholarship-Positions.com website, run by international students from over 25 countries, contains a very large number of awards, with daily updates.
Scholarships are sorted by country, educational level (eg. Master's / PhD / post-doc) and assistantships / research positions. There is also a page of scholarships for women.
- Scholarships Canada Database
The Scholarships Canada contains over 80,000 scholarships, awards, bursaries and grants worth $177,092,640.