Undergraduate Studies in Education
Peer Mentor Program
The Faculty of Education's peer mentor program was created to strengthen the undergraduate community — to provide a peer support network for students just starting their Bachelor of General Studies in Education (BGS) journey.
The peer mentor program gives new and transfer students the chance to connect with the Education community and make the transition to SFU a little easier. Our peer mentors play an integral role welcoming new students and providing them with a sense of belonging and connectedness.
WHY BECOME A MENTOR?
Through the Peer Mentor Program, we match upper year students with first year students. As an upper year BGS student (mentor), you will:
- Build your resume
- Connect with the Faculty of Education community through events and socials
- Provide advice and support to an incoming student
- Share experiences and ideas
- Enhance your leadership and communication skills
To become a peer mentor, you must:
- Be a second, third or fourth-year student (BGS in Education)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.4
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and overall professionalism
- Be comfortable working with a diverse group of people
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications for 2020/21 are closed.
Applications for 2021/22 will open in April via myInvolvement.
Peer mentor office hours: *CURRENTLY SUSPENDED*
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- Education Building - EDB8501
Request a VIRTUAL meeting:
To meet with a peer mentor, please use this online form: http://websurvey.sfu.ca/survey/357380458
Please submit your request at least 24 hours in advance. Peer mentors may not be present during office hours if there are no scheduled meetings.