Undergraduate Studies in Education
Peer Mentor Program
The Faculty of Education's peer mentor program was created to strengthen the undergraduate community — to provide a peer support network for students just starting their Bachelor of General Studies in Education (BGS) journey.
WHY BECOME A MENTOR?
Through the Peer Mentor Program, we match upper year students with first year students. As an upper year BGS student (mentor), you will:
- Build your resume
- Connect with the Faculty of Education community through events and socials
- Provide advice and support to an incoming student
- Share experiences and ideas
- Enhance your leadership and communication skills
To become a peer mentor, you must:
- Be a second, third or fourth-year student (BGS in Education)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.4
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and overall professionalism
- Be comfortable working with a diverse group of people
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications for 2020/21 are closed.
Applications for 2021/22 will open in April via myInvolvement.
2020/21 PEER MENTORS
Peer mentor office hours: *CURRENTLY SUSPENDED*
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- Education Building - EDB8501
Request a VIRTUAL meeting:
To meet with a peer mentor, please use this online form: http://websurvey.sfu.ca/survey/357380458
Please submit your request at least 24 hours in advance. Peer mentors may not be present during office hours if there are no scheduled meetings.