- Housing options
- North Towers
- East/West Towers
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Living Learning Communities
- Off-Campus Housing
- Residence Tours
- Housing Comparison
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Membership
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
- COVID-19 Information
You have received an offer for housing! Congrats. We can't wait to welcome you. Below are important details to help you along the way including next steps and some questions you may have about your offer.
How to accept and confirm your housing offer
- Log into MyPlace@SFU housing portal
- Choose Application from the options at the top
- Choose the Term for which you are confirming
- Follow the steps through the pages: Applications Status – Your Housing Offer etc.
- Read the Contract terms and Handbook in order to understand the conditions of your offer. This is a legal agreement (If you are under the age of 19 you will be asked to go through the process of designating a parent, guardian or custodian to review your contract before you can move to the next step)
- Read and accept the Privacy Disclosure Agreement and indicate your insurance coverage
- Select your Confirmation Payment and choose your Method of Payment
- Receive an email confirmation
- Once you have accepted your offer, the next step is room assignment. For fall term students can also participate in room selection.
I didn’t get my first-choice room type
Your offer is to the room / area type that we have available for you. Early applications are most likely to get the offer for their 1st choice preference that you chose in your application. If you received an offer that was not your first choice, this is because this is the available offer, we have to give you. You can choose to accept this offer or decline if you do not wish to accept this room type. However, this is the only offer that can be made.
Occasionally, if spaces open up we will look at students who have accepted offers to see if we can get you into your first choice. This is all done by application date. Once the term begins, you can also apply for a room switch – should any space become available. These will be reviewed and offered starting the third week of the term.
Cancelling my offer
If you accepted your offer and now need to cancel, please refer to the cancellation policy located in the Residence Contract to view the applicable cancellation fees. Fill out the Cancellation of residence contract (prior to move in) form and send it in.
FALL 2021 Special Cancellation Options for students unable to arrive to Canada due to delays in student visa or travel restrictions:
1. Option 1 – Defer to Spring
- Your $700 confirmation deposit will be transferred to your spring housing and is non refundable (cancellation fees will apply for spring)
- You will have a guaranteed space for spring term (we will do our best to place you in the same room type)
- Early arrivals may be possible, but are dependent on room availability – please plan to arrive for move in on Jan 3rd
2. Option 2 – Delayed arrival (ie planning to arrive in September or October)
- Your $700 confirmation payment is non-refundable and applied to your fall fees
- Your room is held for you/ guaranteed
- Your residence fees will be prorated based on the following formula:
- Arrival during the first three (3) weeks of classes = no proration
- Arrive after the third week of classes = prorated residence fees based on arrival date – up to maximum 50% of residence fees for fall term
3. Option 3 – Cancel prior to move in day Sept 4th due to delayed student visa or travel restrictions
- $250 cancellation fee (all residence fees paid for fall term will be refunded including the $700 confirmation fee, LESS $250 cancellation fee)
I declined / did not accept my offer, but now I want to come to residence
If you did not accept your offer and want it to be reinstated. Please contact us with your request: firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests will be reviewed starting one month prior to move in.