- Housing options
- Moving in
- Contact us
Follow the steps to request a refund for the old laundry system's Coinamatic card:
- Mail in your laundry card along with a letter detailing your mailing address, claimable refund, and the reason for the refund to Coinamatic
- The mailing address for Coinamatic is 301 Matheson Blvd West Mississauga, ON L5R 3G3
- A cheque will be mailed to you based on the address you put in the letter/note
- You will only be refunded the value your card (The plastic laundry card is non-refundable)
SFU Residence has state-of-the art laundry rooms located in each of the building. The new laundry service will expand on what is already available to you. The new features include more Value Add Centres across the residence buildings, faster response time from technicians, addition of a refund system, an option to load your card online, and a downloadable mobile app to track your laundry cycle.
Your Laundry card is like cash, it can be used by anyone. Please keep it safe.
- Each card has a unique serial number on the back of the card
- This number is not attached, associated or connected to anyone’s personal information
- Take a picture of this serial number so you have it on your phone
- Do not put a hole in your SparkleXpress Card. This will result in permanent damage and loss of funds
Options to load your laundry card
Option 1: Online
Prior to loading value, you will need to activate your Laundry Card by placing it on the Value Add Centre located in their residence laundry room. Any value purchased online will be downloaded from the Value Add Centre where the Laundry Card was initialized. You can load online or with your mobile device using a credit card or Interac. Please note, the minimum dollar value that can be loaded is $10.00 and the maximum total value on the SparkleXpress Card cannot exceed $60.00. Your credit card will be billed for that amount.
- Login to: www.mysparkle.ca
- Enter your 10 digit SparkleXpress card number located on the back of the card
- Click on the purchase value tab at the top of the page
- Select a Value to purchase then press proceed
- The payment page will open, enter Credit Card payment information
- Once completed you will be returned to www.mysparkle.ca and your value will show as pending
- Return to the Value Add Centre, place SparkleXpress card on reader to transfer purchased value
For Step by Step instruction Download the guide for
Using Sparkle Laundry Card Online
Option 2: Value Add Centre (Debit Card, Visa, Mastercard)
- Place your card into the SparkleXpress cardholder on the SparkleXpress Value Centre. Your card will be activated when it shows a zero balance
- Select the amount you wish to add to your SparkleXpress card by pressing the value button. Each press will increase the amount by $10.00 up to a maximum of $60.00. Once desired amount is displayed press Enter, then tap or insert chip card through the terminal and follow instructions on the pin pad
- Ensure your balance is updated before removing your card
Please note: You will need to place your laundry card on the Value Add Centre located in their residence laundry room to active your laundry card before loading the value on the card. Any online purchased Value will be downloaded from the Value Add Centre where the Laundry Card was initialized.
Information for account setup online
To monitor the laundry machine status online
- If you lose your initial free laundry card, you will need to purchase a new card through one of the Debit/Credit Value Add center which allow for card dispensing.
To obtain a refund
- You should contact Sparkle directly as you would when reporting any machine malfunction. Once the issue has been verified (could take up to 24-hours) along with your laundry card number, the refund will be sent to the Value Add Centre and can be downloaded back onto the card. We recommend students to either take a photo of the card number on your cell phone, or auto save the laundry card when setup the account online.
Service requests can be submitted by email, phone, or the service app. Calls will be attended to within 48-hours from the time of request and 4 hours for emergencies.
Please download the Sparkle Service Request App to submit a service request. Alternatively, you can call 1-866-769-0680 with any service issues or email Service@SparkleSolutions.ca
Locations of machines
- Main office - A1001 Residence Admin Building*
- Shadbolt House - Laundry Room*
- Barbara Rae House - Laundry Room
- Pauline Jewett House - Laundry Room*
- Shell House - Laundry Room
- Townhouse - Laundry Room
- Hamilton Hall - Laundry Room
- McTaggart Cowan - Laundry Room
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre - Laundry Room*
* The card loading system allows for Debit, Credit Card payment and a function of card dispensing for card purchase.