- Housing Options
- North Towers
- East/West Towers
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Family Housing
- Housing Comparison + Eligibility
- Residence Tours
- Off-Campus Housing
- Living Learning Communities
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Plan
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
- COVID-19 Information
Find your community on campus! Our 9 different residence communities across the Burnaby and Vancouver (grad housing only) campuses, offers a wide variety of room types, floor plans, learning communities, amenities, and atmospheres. Whether you’re an undergrad, graduate, or eligible for our Graduate and Family Housing, there’s something for every SFU and FIC student. Regardless of which residence community you live in, you will have an opportunity to make it your own.
Eligibility Requirements Details
To move into residences or to be eligible to continue to the following term, you must meet all 3 conditions / requirements below. Note that these rules and requirements applies to ALL SFU and FIC students.
- You must be an SFU or FIC student
- You cannot have any overdue fees to SFU or FIC including tuition and residence fees
- You must meet one (1) of the following three (3) criteria. You are an
- SFU Undergraduate student
- Maintain full-time enrollment registered in at least 9 credit hours or equivalent for Fall and Spring terms (see Summer Housing exceptions or part time enrolllment exceptions in the Residence Handbook) or
- Be enrolled in a co-op work term or the Back on Track Program
- FIC student
- Maintain full time enrollment for each term that you are living in residence
- SFU Graduate student
- Registered in and active in a graduate degree program
- SFU Undergraduate student
There are 3 types of Housing to choose from each with their own set of rules and requirements
APPLICATION TIPS AND TRICKS
- Don’t wait until you're admitted to SFU before applying to housing. Demand is high so don’t miss out
- You don't have to be admitted to SFU or FIC to submit an application.
- Offers are made once you are admitted. Spaces are limited so apply early
Priority Housing Access
Priority Housing Access Details
Some SFU students who apply to residence qualify for Priority Housing.
You must be eligible to receive an offer:
- admitted to SFU
- have no financial holds on your student account
- have a completed application for housing
- Indigenous students: students admitted to SFU who are First Nations, (Status or Non-Status), Metis or Inuit
- Current or former BC Youth in Care
- SFU Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship Recipients (USES,UGGLA)
- SFU WUSC Student Refugee Program
- 1st year SFU students admitted directly from high school who have both accepted their SFU offer and have applied for housing by May 1
DEFINITIONS AND ROOM LAYOUTS EXPLAINED
DEFINITIONS AND ROOM LAYOUTS EXPLAINED Details
SFU Residence and Housing aims to provide a safe and inclusive residence community for all students. As all our residence rooms are single occupancy – meaning you do not share your room with anyone else, almost all floors are mixed gender though you may apply for our limited single gender floors. Selecting single gender floors in your application will limit building options as these are only available in some buildings.
Living Learning Communities
Living Learning Communities Details
If you are accepted to one of our Living Learning Communities that are housed in an area together as part of the community program, you will be assigned to that community's building. If you have already accepted an offer for a different room or building type, your room placement will change to be able to participate in that community.
CHOOSING YOUR BUILDING PREFERENCE
*All areas not identified as 'Single Gender' are gender inclusive.
Please note that all students are able to request to live on special community floors. However, it is based on availability and may not be guaranteed. You may get an offer for a different option if available. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.