- Why Live In Residence
- Housing Options
- North Towers
- East/West Towers
- Courtyard Residence
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Family Housing
- Housing Comparison + Eligibility
- Residence Tours
- Off-Campus Housing
- Living Learning Communities
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Plan
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
- COVID-19 Information
Dining Commons offers all-you-care-to-eat Meal Plans that provide a great value and convenience for students. Meal Plan purchases are open to all SFU students; however, residents living in the East, West and North tower accommodations are required to purchase a Meal Plan.
Choose a Plan That is Right for You
OPTION 1: 7 DAY PLATINUM
- Eat 7-days in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat + $450 Dining Dollars
OPTION 2: 7 DAY BASIC
- Eat 7-days a week in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat
OPTION 3: 5 DAY BASIC
- Eat 5-days a week in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat
- Choose either Monday – Friday or Sunday – Thursday
Meal PLAN options
If you would like to purchase a Meal Plan or if you would like to make a change to the plan you have already selected, please visit the Residence and Housing office during office hours. If you have a question about the Meal Plan offered, please visit the Dining Commons by Residence or visit the Residence and Housing office.
How to buy your meal PLAN
Students living in residence
- Residents can add and pay for their Meal Plans directly to their Residence account through the Housing Portal - MyPlace@SFU.
- Living in the Towers? You are on a required Meal Plan. You will be automatically set up on the 7 day basic plan. Contact the Residence and Housing Front desk to upgrade or adjust your plan.
- Living in McTaggart, Shell, Hamilton Hall or Townhouses? You are not required but can choose to sign up for a Meal Plan - MyPlace@SFU.
- Charges will be placed on your housing portal account and are due with your housing fees.
- You can eat at the dining commons without a Meal Plan by paying the daily rate at the Dining Commons front door.
Students not living in residence
- Purchase your Meal Plan through Residence and Housing office if you have a SFU ID card or FIC student card.
- Fill out a Non-resident meal plan sign up form and bring it to the Residence and Housing Office. On the Forms page, scroll down to find the meal plan document.
- Payment is required with the submission of your form at the Residence and Housing office, to activate your Meal Plan.
- You can eat at the Dining Commons without a Meal Plan by paying the daily rate at the Dining Commons front door. Daily rates can be found here.
- If you do not have a SFU ID/FIC ID card you will need to purchase your plan through the Dining Commons as they will need to create a card for you.
- Payment is required with the submission of your form to activate your Meal Plan.
Meal plan policy
- Your SFU student ID card is required to access your Meal Plan at all times: you must present and swipe your card each time you enter the Dining Commons.
- Your Meal Plan is non-transferable: you may not transfer your Meal Plan or Dining Dollars to another students' card
- Dining Commons food is for personal consumption only.
- Meal Plans are dine-in only. (Exceptions are avaialble for students with classes on other campuses - please check with Dining Commons team for details).
- Meal Plans are purchased at the start of the term and valid until 1:00 PM the day following the last day of exams.
- Students who purchase 'platinum' Meal Plans and have a Dining Dollar balance at the end of the semester can use the balance the following semester.
- Payment for plans requested after the fee due date are required within one week of sign up on your housing portal account and payment is required before your Meal Plan will be active.
- Meal Plans added after the 3rd week of the term are prorated.
- Refunds are available up until November 1 for Fall term, March 1 for Spring term, or July 1 for the Summer term. Eligible refunds will be prorated weekly and amounts will be credited to your GOSFU student account.
OTHER DINING OPTIONS
Don't have a Meal Plan?
Check out our other dining packages for great savings and options.
Save more when you buy more at Dining Commons. Purchase a bundle of meals, and save up to $100
Dining dollars work like a debit card, and funds can be loaded into a dining card for use at various SFU Dining locations including Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Discovery Cafe, Dining Commons and Mackenzie Cafe.