- Housing options
- North Towers
- East/West Towers
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Parcel 21
- Living Learning Communities
- Off-Campus Housing
- Residence Tours
- Housing Comparison
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Membership
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
- COVID-19 Information
Dining Commons is open 24/7 and offers all-you-care-to-eat Meal Memberships that provide a great value and convenience for students. Meal Membership purchases are open to all SFU students; however, residents living in tower accommodations are required to purchase a Meal Membership.
Choose a Membership That is Right for You
OPTION 1: 7 DAY PLATINUM
- Eat 7-days in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat. + $500 Dining Dollars.
OPTION 2: 7 DAY PLUS
- Eat 7-days in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat. + $250 Dining Dollars.
OPTION 3: 7 DAY BASIC
- Eat 7-days a week in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat.
OPTION 4: 5 DAY PLUS
- Eat 5-days in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat. + $150 Dining Dollars.
OPTION 5: 5 DAY BASIC
- Eat 5-days a week in the Dining Commons; all you care to eat
- Choose either Monday – Friday or Sunday – Thursday
Meal membership options
If you would like to purchase a Meal Membership or if you would like to make a change to the membership you have already selected, please visit the Residence & Housing office during office hours. If you have a question about the Meal Memberships offered, please visit the Dining Commons by Residence or visit the Residence & Housing office.
How to buy your meal membership
Students living in residence
- Residents can add and pay for their Meal Memberships directly to their Residence account through the Housing Portal - MyPlace@SFU.
- Living in the Towers? You are on a required Meal Membership. You will be automatically set up on the 7 day basic membership. Submit the form to upgrade or adjust your membership.
- Living in McTaggart, Shell, Hamilton Hall or Townhouses? You are not required but can choose to sign up for a Meal Membership - MyPlace@SFU.
- Charges will be placed on your housing portal account and are due with your housing fees.
- You can eat at the dining commons without a Meal Membership by paying the daily rate at the Dining Commons front door.
Students not living in residence
- Purchase your Meal Membership through Residence and Housing office if you have a SFU ID card or FIC student card.
- Fill out a Meal Request Form and bring it to the Residence and Housing office.
- Payment is required with the submission of your form at the Residence and Housing office, to activate your Meal Membership.
- You can eat at the Dining Commons without a Meal Membership by paying the daily rate at the Dining Commons front door.
- If you do not have a SFU ID/FIC ID card you will need to purchase your membership through the Dining Commons as they will need to create a card for you.
- Payment is required with the submission of your form to activate your Meal Membership.
Meal membership policy
- My SFU student ID card is required to access my Meal Membership at all times: you must present and swipe your card each time you enter the Dining Commons.
- My Meal Membership is non-transferable: you may not transfer your Meal Membership or Dining Dollars to another students' card.
- Meal Memberships are purchased at the start of the term and valid until 1:00 PM the day following the last day of exams
- Students who purchase 'plus' or 'platinum plus' Meal Memberships and have a Dining Dollar balance at the end of the semester can use the balance the following semester.
- Payment for memberships requested after the fee due date are required within one week of sign up on your housing portal account and payment is required before your Meal Membership will be active.
- Meal Memberships added after the 3rd week of the term are prorated
- Refunds are available up until November 1 for Fall term, or March 1 for Spring term, or July 1 for the Summer term. Eligible refunds will be prorated weekly and amounts will be credited to your GOSFU student account.
OTHER DINING OPTIONS
For additional dining options such as Dining Dollars, Block Plans and Monthly Subscription Meal Memberships, please click here.