- The Towers
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Living Learning Communities
- Off-campus housing
- Residence tours
- Housing comparison
- Moving in
- Contact us
This community is designed for Canadian Indigenous students who want to connect with other Indigenous students, engage with and share their own Indigenous heritage and knowledge and participate in cultural and educational opportunities guided by SFU’s Indigenous Student Centre. As a Canadian Indigenous student in this community you will connect with other Indigenous students and build community through peer support, mentorship and leadership development opportunities.
- A sense of community, with the concept of place and connection to place forms the basis of this Indigenous Living Learning Community through the spirit of mutual engagement, respect, trust and ceremony.
- Connect with the Coast Salish people by participating with traditional feasts, plant walks and many more cultural activities
- Connect into SFU Indigenous Student Centre programs and support services
- Build community for Indigenous students in residence and across campus
- Develop leadership and peer mentorship skills by sharing your gifts with other Indigenous students
- Honouring your cultural traditions - e.g., traditional cleanse of your room, enjoying traditional meals, crafts, etc
- Eligibility: All Canadian Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) undergraduate students attending SFU
- Additional cost: No additional cost for programming
- Meal plan: Optional
- Program length: September 2020 – April 2021
Students in the Indigenous Living-Learning Community are able to live across Residence in building types that best fit their academic and personal needs.