- Housing options
- Moving in
- Contact us
An engaged community
Welcome first and second year undergraduate students. Explore your individuality as you grow with your fellow residents. Take ownership of your own development in a unique environment. McTaggart-Cowan Hall is a traditional-style, private single room residence for undergraduate students. At the heart of McTaggart is an engaged community.
A community within a community
Shell House has single-occupancy only (i.e., no roommates, private) which means that you won't have to share your room with anybody. All floors are co-ed and quiet living floors are available. Common areas (i.e., washroom, lounges, kitchen and laundry) are shared spaces for all residents living in Shell House. Explore what Shell House has to offer.
Explore limitless opportunities with your fellow residents and participate in programs that focus on your development and growth. Each room is single-occupancy only (i.e., no roommates, private) which means that you won't have to share your room with anybody. We offer co-ed, single-gender, and quiet living floors. All McTaggart-Cowan residents share common spaces such as: washroom, kitchen, lounges and laundry. Explore what McTaggart-Cowan Hall has to offer.
Each private room includes
- Standard single bed and mattress (39" X 78")
- Small fridge
- Small closet
- Bulletin board
- Curtains or blinds
- Shaw WiFi High-speed Internet (wireless)
McTaggart shared space
- Shared washrooms
- Shared kitchens (stoves, ovens, cupboards, microwaves)
- Shared lounges (with wireless internet)
- Laundry room
A connected community
- Dining Hall - 1 to 5 minute walk
- Gym - 1 to 5 minute walk
- Retail shops (UniverCity) - 10 to 15 minute walk
- Coffee shops - 5 minute walk
McTaggart-Cowan Hall sample floorplan: room 3215
- Single-occupancy only (i.e., no roommates, private)
- Room size (approximate): 105 Sq. ft.
- Residence capacity: 200