- Housing options
- North Towers
- East/West Towers
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Family Housing
- Living Learning Communities
- Off-Campus Housing
- Residence Tours
- Housing Comparison
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Plan
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
- COVID-19 Information
Mail pick up services are available 24/7. Make sure to update your correspondents with your new mailing address. SFU Residence and Housing will not accept any mail if you are no longer a resident and will return all mail to sender.
The Residence and Housing front desk team will no longer be accepting grocery deliveries because of the perishable nature of these goods. Restaurant orders (via UberEats, DoorDash, SkipTheDishes, etc.) will continue to go to the appropriate residence buildings.
Your Building, Your Room #
8888 University Drive, SFU
Your Unit #
8650 University Crescent
Your Unit #
8989 Highland Court
Where to pick up mail
- The mail room is located in the Residence and Housing Office A1001
- Tel: 778-782-4201
- The mail room is closed during University closures (e.g. winter break)
Your Unit # - 308 Hastings St West
Where to pick up mail
- Canada Post deliveries will be placed in your unit mailbox inside the building
- Non-Canada Post (i.e. FedEx, UPS, etc...): delivery and notices will be sent directly to you. This is to ensure there is a safe, secure and accountable tracking process for all your parcels
- When a parcel delivery is attempted, the driver will drop a parcel pick-up slip in the newly created mail drop box at the front entrance of the building
- Please make sure that you are using your full address including unit number
- When you receive a pick-up slip notice, it will include the address of the outlet where you parcel is held for you
- Present your slip and ID to retrieve your parcel
A few tips to ensure that your mail is delivered
- Always include the receiver's full name (i.e. first name AND last name)
- If you are receiving mail - You must display your legal name as it appears in MyPlace@SFU
- All Addresses should be legible
- Do not use acronyms
- Do not use abbreviations
Amazon Hub Locker
Collect a Package at an Amazon Hub Locker
Adding the Amazon Hub Locker "KAYLUM" to your Amazon Account
How to Select the KAYLUM Amazon Hub Locker located in front of Shell House in residences
Note: when you complete the process, the map and address show that the locker is located outside of residences. The Amazon Hub Locker – Kaylum is located in front of Shell House in residences.
- Go to Amazon.ca
- Hover over Account & Lists (Top right beside Return & Orders) and select Your Account
- Click on Your Addresses
- Click on + Add Address
- Under Add a new address, Click on Or find an Amazon pickup location near you >
- 2 Options
- Option 1: Select Search near your current location and look for the Amazon Hub Locker: “KAYLUM”
- Option 2: In the Find pick up locations near: type Simon Fraser University and select the Burnaby, BC location
- Click on the yellow button that says Add to address book
To pick up your package, do one of the following:
For Lockers that require a pickup code
- Go to the Locker location. (Amazon lockers called "Kaylum" available outside Shell House to residents/SFU community)
- To use the locker, residents can add the locker to their Amazon address book and select the location as their shipping address during checkout
- Once a package is ready for pickup, residents receive an e-mail with a unique 6 digit code that they’ll use to remove the package from the designated slot. This code will open their specific locker only. Locate the 6-digit pickup code and barcode in your delivery confirmation email.
- Enter your pickup code on the touch-screen display or scan the barcode using the Locker scanner. The scanner is located directly beneath the touch screen of the Locker.
- Packages are available for pickup for 3 calendar days; if they are not picked up, they are returned for a refund
- There is no additional cost to use an Amazon locker
- There are restrictions on items that can be delivered to a locker (size and weight).
- For more information, students can visit HERE for more information
For Lockers that require a smartphone with the Amazon Shopping app installed:
- Go to the Locker location.
- Tap the Start Pickup button in your delivery confirmation email. You'll be navigated to the Locker detail page in the Amazon Shopping app.
- When the Locker detail page loads, wait a few seconds for the app to connect to the Locker automatically via Bluetooth.
- Once connected, you'll be able to tap the Open Locker button in the app to open the Locker.
Note: If you want someone else to pick up your package from an Amazon Hub Locker, simply forward the delivery confirmation email with the pickup code or the Start Pickup button to that person. If your package was delivered to a smartphone Locker, the person who's picking up the package on your behalf will need a smartphone with Bluetooth connection and the latest version of the Amazon Shopping App.
Before moving out of residence and housing make sure to update your correspondents with your new mailing address. We cannot accept mail if you are no longer a resident and will return all mail to sender. Only Chang Centre Residents can forward their mail via Canada Post.