- Housing options
- North Towers
- East/West Towers
- Shell House
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- The Townhouses
- Hamilton Hall
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Parcel 21
- Living Learning Communities
- Off-Campus Housing
- Residence Tours
- Housing Comparison
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Membership
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
- COVID-19 Information
If you are staying in your current room and/or expecting the arrival of a new roommate, please refer to the information on this page. Utilize the cleaning guides we have created for each building. Make sure to clean your (shared) space to avoid the charges. The room stay instructions apply to all residents living in both the Burnaby and Vancouver residences
Cleaning must be completed by end of term, which is no later than December 21, 2021 by 12:00 PM /noon:
- Make sure you clean and leave space for your new roommates and floormates in all of the shared spaces
- Our facilities staff will inspect all shared space areas (including Townhouse shared spaces) on a to be determined date, generally the day after your roommate moves out
- Our facilities staff will re-inspect all shared spaces (including Townhouse shared spaces) prior to the arrival of a new roommate on a to be determined date
- Units must be cleaned to acceptable levels following each inspection or cleaning charges will be assessed to all occupants
Five steps for staying in room or arrival of new roommate
Step 1: Report maintenance issues
Step 2: Remove all garbage + recycle
Clean your (shared) space to avoid the cleaning charges.
Ensure your room and shared space (if living in Townhouses and SFU Residence at the Chang Centre) is free and clear of garbage. Anything left behind could result in a charge to you.
Download the garbage map: Garbage map (PDF)
Step 3: Clean Your (Shared) Space
Clean your (shared) space to avoid the cleaning fee.
Everyone's Responsibility is to clean their shared spaces including Bathroom, Kitchen, Fridge, Stove and Living Room.
Our maintenance staff will take photographs of any rooms that are left unclean, untidy, or damaged. Refer to the room condition/inventory form you completed when you moved in. Any damage or items needing repair will have been reported on this form and this will be the standard used to assess whether your room is left in the same condition it was received.
Step 4: Dining Hall Hours
Stay informed on the Dining Hall and their hours of operations.