- Housing options
- Moving in
- Contact us
Room inventory condition review
Our policy is to have all residents submit a room condition inventory. Review within 7 - 10 days after move in. Fill out your room inventory condition form at MyPlace@SFU
To submit a room inventory condition review, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to MyPlace@SFU
- Open the dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the page
- Select the Room Inventory link located at the bottom of the list
- You will see a Room Inventory Condition Review that shows the room space(s) available for your review
Please note: if you live in a townhouse, there will be shared spaces which need to be reviewed. These spaces should be reviewed as a group and everyone should agree on the status which is recorded. Only one member of the townhouse can submit the review, however the review will be considered complete for the whole
unit once submitted.
- Select Review for the room space you are reviewing
- This will bring you to a list of all items in the room space which need to be reviewed
- The Condition field will note either New, Good, Fair, or Poor
- Any existing damage will be shown in the More Information field which will expand if you select it
- Review each inventory item. If you agree with the Condition and any existing damage, select Agree for the item.
- Should there be any existing damage in the room space which is not reflected by your room condition report, do not select Agree. Enter the damage information in the More Information field instead. This will prevent you from being charged for this damage at the end of the semester.
Please note: to have this damage attended to, you must submit a separate maintenance request.
- After you have completed your review of all the inventory items, click on the Save Review button
- In order for the Room Inventory Condition review to be considered complete, you must either select Agree or fill in the More Information field for every item in the room space.
- If all the Agree boxes are checked, you will not be able to make further changes. If you need to go back and correct the record of an inventory item, you will need to contact SFU Residence and Housing Facilities at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In situations where the Agree box for an inventory item is left unchecked and the More Information is left blank, the “Agree” box will default to checked status after your completion deadline has passed
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com