Thinking of Applying?
Welcome. We invite you to join our community of learners. Here you will find everything you need regarding your application process, how-to apply and more.
Welcome to Your New Community
See how living in residence has helped these six students connect, grow and learn together in ways that none of them could have imagined. This could be you.
Fall 2018 Term
OPENS DECEMBER 1
We love the enthusiasm and are excited about the prospect of you joining our community. Applications will open on December 1st.
Whether you want to know what the assignment process looks like or, need help identifying which building you should apply to, our graph will help your decision making process easier. Before applying, click here and take a quick snapshot at which building and community is right for you.
How the Application Process Works
You will need to submit a completed application, includng the $50 application fee. We strongly suggest that you apply as soon as possible to ensure the best probability of getting a housing offer. Spaces are limited and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Go to the Housing Portal to start your application.
- If this is your first time applying, click "Register" to get your Housing ID and Pin.
- If you have applied before use your existing ID and Pin. If you forgot your Housing ID number, please contact the Residence Office.
- Click "Application" on the top-left of the Housing Portal homescreen.
- You must pay the $50 application fee (last step of the application) to submit your application.
Step 2: Receive your Housing Offer
- Unfortunately, spaces in residence are limited, so housing is not guaranteed. Completed applications are put into a queue based on their completion date.
- If your application comes to the top of the queue and we have a space for you, you will be sent a formal housing offer to your email address and will be given a deadline to respond.
- NOTE: Once you receive your SFU computing ID, your email that we will send to will be your SFU email. You can always view your offer status through the Housing Portal.
Step 3: Confirm your Offer
- If you receive a housing offer from us, you will need to "confirm" that you want to accept by following the instructions provided in your offer email - by the deadline.
- This includes accepting the terms of the Contract and making the non-refundable confirmation payment.
Step 4: Select your room (option for Fall housing)
- If you successfully confirm your housing offer before the room selection period in June for Fall housing, and are eligible to choose your own room, this step will open up on your application.
- Room Selection is not available for the Spring and Summer terms.