- Why Live In Residence
- Housing Options
- Housing Comparison + Eligibility
- Charles Chang Innovation Centre
- Courtyard Residence
- East/West Towers
- Family Housing
- Hamilton Hall
- McTaggart-Cowan Hall
- North Towers
- Shell House
- The Townhouses
- Residence Tours
- Off-Campus Housing
- Living Learning Communities
- Moving in
- Community hub
- Maintenance and services
- Contracts and handbooks
- Important dates and announcements
- Meal Plan
- Move out
- Room switch
- Room stay
- New residence buildings
- Winter Break
- Contact us
- Guest Accommodations
You may pay your SFU Residence and Housing fees by any of the following methods. The payment options apply to both SFU and FIC residents.
- Log into MyPlace@SFU housing portal and choose Your Account from the top bar
- View your Account Balance showing your Residence and Housing fees (charges will show here as soon as they are posted to your account)
- Enter in your payment amounts and click Pay Now
- Choose your method of payment (credit card, Bill Payment (PDF) or Flywire) and make your payment
- For credit card payments: wait until you have been redirected back to your housing portal to ensure payment is received
- Click Save and Continue
Note: Bill payment and Flywire payments will be received and updated on Your Account within 3 to 4 business days. Ensure that you initiate your transaction in enough time for the funds to be received prior to the deadline.
Bill payment process
- Please note that the bill payment is not open to residence application and confirmation fees which should be paid through your housing portal instead.
- IMPORTANT: “SFU-Residence and Meal Plan” payee is dedicated to residence fees, not tuition. Tuition payments should be made to the payee “Simon Fraser University” instead. If you wish to make a payment for your tuition or other non-residence fees, please visit here.
- If you are paying from outside of Canada, we ask that you pay through our many available options offered within your housing portal.
Step 1: Login to MyPlace@SFU
Click on My Account to find out your residence fee balance owing and enter the payment amount
Step 2: Set up your internet banking with one of the following banks or credit unions, and add a new bill payee on your account.
Search for the following payee name depending on your bank institution. You must have a valid SFU/FIC ID in order to use the Bill Payment option. The account number is your SFU ID (9 numeric) or FID ID (8 to 10 alphanumeric).
|Bank of Montreal (BMO)||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|Central 1||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada (CIBC)||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|HSBC||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|National Bank of Canada (NBC)||SFU-RESIDENCE|
|Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|Scotiabank||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
|TD Canada Trust||SFU-RESIDENCE AND MEAL PLAN|
Step 3: Go to “Make a Payment” and enter the amount that you wish to pay.
Proceed with the payment and save a copy of the page for your own record. The payment may take up to 3 business days to be received by SFU Residence
Method 2: In person
Residents may pay in person with the following:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Personal cheque
- Bank draft
Note: Cash is not accepted at the Residence and Housing Office. Residents may take their cash to a bank for a bank draft.
Method 3: Pre authorization debit (family housing only)
Submit a PAD form to SFU Residence and Housing via email to email@example.com with direct debit authorization form issued by your Canadian financial institution, or an unsigned personal cheque marked ‘VOID”.
Your monthly residence fees will then be debited from your bank account on the first business day of the month.