If you are Moving Out the below information is for you. Scroll down for Cleaning and Move Out Checklists for each building. The Move Out instructions apply to all residents living in both the Burnaby and Vancouver (CCIC) residences.
Avoid the Charges
- Return your keys. Avoid the lock change fee = $155
- Cleaning and Damage Charges = $100 AVERAGE
Report Maintenance Issues
- AVOID THE CHARGES: make sure you fill out the form a few weeks before Move Out. Room inspections happen right after Move Out.
BEFORE YOU MOVE OUT: Any maintenence issues with your unit/room MUST be reported to our Residence Facilities team (via a maintenence request through your MyPlace@SFU Housing Portal)
Key Return Available 24/7
- AVOID THE CHARGES: Return your keys. Avoid the lock change fee = $155
Hand in your keys and make sure to get yourself a key receipt (or drop keys in the after-hours key drop box at the office). If you are remaining in the same room for the next term, you should NOT return your keys
Burnaby: Return Your Key to Residence and Housing Office
Vancouver: Return Your Key to the DropBox located beside the mail boxes in the lobby. On Move Out day (December 17) a Residence Administrator will be present as well (during regular working hours)
Clean Your (Shared) Space - Townhouse and 2 Bedroom units (CCIC)
- AVOID THE CHARGES: clean your shared space. Cleaning and Damage Charges = $100 AVERAGE
- Everyone's Responsibility: Bathroom, Kitchen, Fridge, Stove, Living Room
Our maintenance staff will take photographs of any rooms that are left unclean, untidy, or damaged. Refer to the room condition/inventory form you completed when you moved in. Any damage or items needing repair will have been reported on this form and this will be the standard used to assess whether your room is left in the same condition it was received.
CLEANING CHECKLISTS BELOW
Change your mailing address
Update your correspondents with your new mailing address: SFU, magazines, packages, bills etc.
We cannot accept mail if you are no longer a resident and will return all mail to sender.