- News & Events
- SFU's Printemps de la francophonie
- Ma thèse en 180 secondes : Western Final
- Back-to-school French Fete
- Book launch of «La francophonie de la Colombie-Britannique»
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
A perfect combination of theory and practice
If you are looking for general information in English about the Graduate Diploma in Education (GDE), please visit the Faculty of Education GDE website.
For specific information about the GDE programs delivered in French, see below:
Who is the GDE for?
Primarily for in-service teachers and those teaching on call in the following areas:
- Core French
- French Immersion
- Francophone schools
Level of French required
- According to the program: from beginner to advanced
Duration and Format
- 2 years (6 terms) – 30 units
- Cohort of September 2020 - Program offered online
- Evaluation method based on the "pass or fail" grading scheme
- Allows you to change your TQS salary category
- Possibility of doing a MEd EP (1 year) after the GDE
- When the GDE is offered regionally, the courses are given in the host school district, which means they are close to home, whether you are in the Greater Vancouver area or elsewhere in the province.
Why choose SFU?
- The expertise of the Faculty of Education's teaching fellows
- The only university in BC to offer higher education in French to all communities outside the Vancouver area that request it.
Bursaries and Awards
By pursuing graduate studies at SFU, you may be eligible for a variety of bursaries specific to studies in French, in addition to those available through your faculty.
For more information
French Language Support
Tutoring for academic writing in French, library resources, proofreading software: several services in French are available for free.
For more information
what graduates think of the program
ICI Colombie-Britannique / Yukon went to meet with students in the Graduate Diploma in Education (GDE) to learn more about their experience in this Faculty of Education program. They completed the program in April 2019 (North Vancouver cohort). Interview with Monica Tang, Claude Germain, Mandy Hua and Mia Mavor.