- Campus safety & security
- Work & research safety
- Risk & emergency planning
Air Quality Advisory Information
Metro Vancouver has issued an Air Quality Advisory for Metro Vancouver because of high concentrations of fine particulate matter, due to smoke from wildfires outside our region. Persons with chronic underlying medical conditions should postpone strenuous exercise and follow the advice of their healthcare providers. This advisory is expected to continue until there is a change in the current weather.
While on campus, follow these tips:
- Keep windows closed to minimize the entry of particulate matter into buildings.
- Take frequent breaks and drink plenty of water to combat the heat.
- Minimize time spent outdoors.
- Continue to manage medical conditions such as asthma, chronic respiratory disease and heart failure. If symptoms continue to be bothersome, seek medical attention.
Note that where possible, Facilities Services has shut down building air intakes to minimize the amount of outdoor air entering buildings.